Official Texas Game Score Prediction Thread

MeanGreenTexan

We're 25 point dogs. I couldn't imagine us losing by 2 TDs, and definitely not more than 3 TDs. I'm almost tempted to put $50 on it, but I don't want to start that trend. Heaven forbid, I win.

Unless this line moves this is like stealing.

• Upvote 1

unanswered or not UT is not outscoring us by 26 points...they would have to score 50 and with the way their offense and ours will operate (more than likely) the clock will simply not allow for that many possessions. Just my opinion but I'm more than willing to take a 26 point dog.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=332640061

That is a link to the UNT vs Georgia Box score where outside of a 98 yard play action pass for a td they threw for 350 yards and ran for 191 yards. They also scored a TD with 1:40 something on the clock otherwise we are looking at a 17 point game vs a top 10 team in the nation and a vaunted rushing attack by one of the top backs. We will more than hold our own in Austin.

We had 14 possessions they had 16 possessions. I know this is crazy thinking here but I am not sure that Texas receivers are anywhere near what Georgia's were and we brought back 3 secondary players who can flat out play and have another year under their belt.

I understand its apples to oranges but I believe this to be true. Enjoy.

• Upvote 2

Our team is too disciplined to allow a blowout. So those of you predicting UT scoring 40+ points and UNT only in the teens or less are very wrong. The mismatch in talent is big enough for a comfortable UT win but not a blowout with the way our guys will play. We will scare this team and their fans:

UT 31

UNT 21

I hope I'm proven wrong and wonderfuly surprised with a victory over Texsa.

• Upvote 2

UT - 48

UNT - 17

UT's front 7 will control our running game. A loss but there are promising things to take away from it.

I agree with your assessment. Hopefully they don't score that much but they're going to give it a go. Strong needs a convincing win. Untested UNT players may face better teams but they're not going to face better talent. It will be a good learning experience for our newer players.

That being said I hope they stomp the sh$t out of SMU week two.

Edited by UNTexas
  • Upvote 1