UNT vs SMU gametime

I'm excited about the number of games we might have on Fox 1 or Fox Southwest. Looks like every match-up between the Texas teams will at least be avalible on Fox Southwest. It makes me wonder if RV and the other Texas AD's were able to sell Fox on a traveling trophy.

As for the SMU game, I have no problem with an 11a.m. kickoff, especially if that is the difference between having the game aired on T.V. or not having it on T.V. Yes, I like 6 and 7p.m. kickoffs too, but 11a.m. will allow fans to see the game before the hottest part of the day. A 3p.m. kickoff would much hotter. Lets focus on the positives here, because there are several.

Edited by Side Show Joe
  • Upvote 4

I see that the excuses have already started. Regardless of the time or whatever, this game should be sold out considering the proximity between UNT and SMU. It says a lot about both programs when something like this is even in question.

In 2013, in a seson where both Rice and UH were bowl participants (i.e., they were both good), the annual Bayou Bucket game was played at Reliant Stadium, a place that fits over 70,000 people, and resides in the SAME TOWN as both universities. The ANNOUNCED CROWD was less than half of capacity, just over 34k. Keep in mind, these two teams play each other every year, had been in the same conference for many, many years, and share the same coverage from the local press, unlike UNT and SMU in every single way.

Yet this idiot thinks its says A LOT about both programs (SMU and UNT) that it might not be a sellout at our place. I'd venture a wager that a game at the Cotton Bowl between SMU and UNT would fill the damn place more than half and it seats 92k.

I know it was a troll post--and a bad one, since only I have responded to it, but my goodness, even after a long layoff from posting, you still suck at this...

• Upvote 7

I'm with Emmitt on the excuses. No matter what day or time, there will always be some conflicts. I still think the conflicts with various start times all even themselves out. A time that's bad for some is ideal for others.

And 11am is likely to be a lot cooler than 3pm. It is interesting that for this game, the direct sun will be more on the alumni side than the student side. Wear shades, folks!

And untjim, this site has a wonderful ignore feature. I'm sure many of us didn't even notice Cougar Queen had posted until you answered.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

VideoEagle brings up a point I was wondering about.

At what time will the sun cast a shadow on the alumni side and provide a bit cooler temp ? Will it even be during the game ?

Beat Texas

GO MEAN GREEN

From watching the sun at prior games, the sun will be behind the pressbox - and provide shade for club seating - about the time the game ends.

The club seating area gets shade first, so I would expect that absent cloud cover, the vast majority of the alumni side will be in bright sunshine throughout the game.

I love that we have great exposure, tv, etc. But by football season, I'm done with summer. Think there's something about evening games that make it a more fun atmosphere. And I'd even happy for a 7:30 pm kickoff to get the temp down a little bit. Don't mind some days games, bout I was really hoping for an evening game with SMU.

• Upvote 3

A week before September 15th deadline, 11AM on a Saturday is going to be a tough row to hoe for me. I'll probably end up going to the game then working on Sunday. No bloody marys for this guy. Crap.

may as well start this now. See you at about 8:00 a.m., and yes, we will have the 5 gallon powerade cooler full of Bobby Ott's famous bloody mary recipe.

may as well start this now. See you at about 8:00 a.m., and yes, we will have the 5 gallon powerade cooler full of Bobby Ott's famous bloody mary recipe.

lolololol!!!! I KNEW that was coming! You missed that hash tags!!!

And just so you know, I deferred an entire section of the CPA exam because it would have me miss two home games to do it in the fall.

Edited by oldguystudent

I see that the excuses have already started. Regardless of the time or whatever, this game should be sold out considering the proximity between UNT and SMU. It says a lot about both programs when something like this is even in question.

I was saying it's early because drinking early hurts with the obvious hangover with friends coming in town. It says a lot that you are too daft to realize that almost no one likes games that early. Get back to your meatloaf.
  • Upvote 1

That 11:00 am daylight time is equivalent to 10:00 am standard time. Two weeks before the first day of fall, the sun will be just slightly to the south, Absent cloud cover, it will be a bright and sunny day all over Apogee.

Edited by rws69

• 3 weeks later...