Lack of Respect In Whornland

DeepGreen

Article in the local rag listed all of Texas' 2014 opponents recruiting highlights......well, sort of. The article highlighted 11 of the whorns 12 opponents. Guess who was not worthy of inclusion? You got it! UNT.

We are the whorns' only opponent next season that does not carry the BCS label. Just another slap in the face for our program.

Edited by DeepGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Article in the local rag listed all of Texas' 2014 opponents recruiting highlights......well, sort of. The article highlighted 11 of the whorns opponents. Guess who was not worthy of inclusion? You got it! UNT.

We are the whorns' only opponent next season that does not carry the BCS label. Just another slap in the face for our program.

Will make it sweeter when we slap them in the face.

UT and Austin is so out of touch with reality...who cares.

Edited by meangreener
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Wait, you guys actually think you have a shot? :lolu:

It's why you play the game. There were some people on this board saying the same thing to you at one point. Being overlooked can be a good thing at times.

Article in the local rag listed all of Texas' 2014 opponents recruiting highlights......well, sort of. The article highlighted 11 of the whorns 12 opponents. Guess who was not worthy of inclusion? You got it! UNT.

Let's be honest, we haven't exactly earned respect given our horrible years from 2005 to 2012. We had one winning season since 2005, and most people probably think it is a fluke. It's no surprise that the P5 folks do not consider us a threat or even a real competitor - it's actually understandable. We will earn their respect (and probably some intense anger) when we go down to Austin and whoop their arses later this year! My hope is that they overlook us, but I doubt it given that this is their new head coach's first game of the season - imagine the meltdown they will have if we pull off a win!

• Upvote 1

Just like "forevereagle states", "Does this even matter?"

I have been following North Texas athletics for a long time. Seems to me all the

sports talking media heads like to piss us off, by calling us North Texas State, compairing

low ranking recruiting classes, North Texas stories on the last page of the sports section or in the

high school reporting sections. You know what I am talking about.

Do not let this kind of media get under your skin. Expect it for awhile.

I want North Texas to earn our respect. Beat the crap out of the whornes at their house!

The start of the real turn around! Why not North Texas!

Lack of respect on Mockingbird Lane too...I have a cousin in law that is a grad from The PONY. told a good friend of mine that he would not be going to Denton for the game since it will be a blow out and not very interesting...REALLY??

Tough smack considering they posted a losing record and their worst home attendance in recent years.

Lack of respect on Mockingbird Lane too...I have a cousin in law that is a grad from The PONY. told a good friend of mine that he would not be going to Denton for the game since it will be a blow out and not very interesting...REALLY??

A blowout will only be possible if our defense comes back just as strong or stronger than last year, and we get a QB that can move the ball. Both unknowns right now.

He should come out, because it could actually be a pretty close loss for the ponies.

Pretty sure UNT is more respected for football as of now than SMU.

Just sayin.

That's freaking hilarious, either way.

• Upvote 1

A blowout will only be possible if our defense comes back just as strong or stronger than last year, and we get a QB that can move the ball. Both unknowns right now.

He should come out, because it could actually be a pretty close loss for the ponies.

This. It could be a close game and you never know what could happen. He shouldn't stay home assuming SMUg will get blown out. Might not happen.

Why would an SMU fan go to denton for a football game. They have everything they could want inside of a zip code bubble in Dallas that includes their own stadium and they won't even go to that.
  • Upvote 2