Prediction for the Lehigh vs UNT game

Dr. Seuss

I predict that this game will show the character of this team and its star player.

Mid-major programs that succeed do so because they take the strong work ethic and commitment level demonstrated by their headline-grabbing player. We have the perfect example visiting Denton today and opened the season against another great case study.

A coach's voice is only heard as far as the best player's ear.

• Upvote 1

Lehigh 68 UNT 60

Ill go with this. The talent on this team is good enough to overcome the dunce coaching them every once in a while. Sadly Benny will still be there to break their rhythm with musical chair substitutions and they won't be able to close it out down the stretch.

Edited by Green P1

Guys. I'm afraid you're not giving McCollum enough credit. Hopefully Alzee sticks to him as long as he's on the floor. That will really be the only way to slightly slow him down. Reading the thread that Harry linked about Lehigh liking to play man, this will be good for us because that is what St. Louis did, and we were able to keep it very close. IF they decide to go into zone, we're in big trouble...again.

Lehigh sticks to man-to-man defense:

Lehigh - 71

Mean Green - 67

Lehigh plays 15 min, or more in zone:

Lehigh - 77

Mean Green - 58

• Upvote 1

I predict that this game will show the character of this team and its star player.

Mid-major programs that succeed do so because they take the strong work ethic and commitment level demonstrated by their headline-grabbing player. We have the perfect example visiting Denton today and opened the season against another great case study.

A coach's voice is only heard as far as the best player's ear.

THIS...exactly this! Thank you....

I predict many people will show up because they were given free tickets. I predict the athletic department will trumpet it as a success. And I predict those people will never be seen again.

I predict Emmitt will drop his weenie on the ground at his tailgate, and be so embarrassed that blames it on Thor and his slippery tongs.

+++++++++++++++++++++

Just so I won't be accused of hijacking the thread...I'll go with UNT 68 Lehigh 63 in single OT. It's going to be a thriller at the Pit tonight folks. And the Mean green faithful will finally get to see what this team is actually capable of doing. Be there...do you really want to take the chance of missing the break out game for T Mitch and Company? I think not.....

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 2

Short of a player/coach/insider coming in here and telling us all some crazy secret that has finally been unlocked by our team, there is no possible way anyone can be predicting anything other than a loss....mostly due to the putrid game we just played on Sunday as a capper to this steamer of an ooc season we're in the middle of.

As MGTexan mentioned, maybe LeHigh will come in totally unprepared and play man defense all game and give us a chance. But short of total incompetence on behalf of their coaching staff, or a really, really off night by their shooters, McCollum leads the nation in scoring at 24pts/game and shoots 51% from 3. They've got 3 other guys that shoot better than 44% from 3 that have attempted at least 28 (by contrast, only Mitchell has at least 10 made 3's on the season for us). We don't defend the 3, nor can we hit enough to keep up with them. This team is going to light us up like a Christmas tree if we don't see a completely different UNT out there tonight.

LeHigh averages 81 pts/game, and I doubt that we hold them much under that...

Edited by TIgreen01