I cannot imagine what would drive a person to do such an evil thing? Thoughts and prayers go out to all the victims and their families and to everyone now left to personally deal with this most tragic of events.

there is a special place in hell for this piece of s***, how can a parent gun down their own child and then continue on hurting other innocent children. Just sickening.

Further rant: To those already out there saying bring metal detectors and have armed guards at schools, just shut the f up already. How about society start raising there damn kids and hope kids stop having kids, the shooter was 20 with a freakin kindergarten, where was his family and why was he so pissed at the world that he would kill 18 innocent children.

I'll still be taking my 2 older kids to school and getting my 2 little ones prepared for future at school but locking down everything does nothing but show the crazies they have one. Time for personal responsibility and parenting to make a rebound. I feel I am a sub-par parent but I make sure my kids understand right from wrong and try to lead them on the right path and hope they make right decisions but still stand by them, but killing little kids is just unimaginable to me.

Edited by untbowler
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

One comment on ABC news was that this is the worst shooting incident like this in US history. I know that reporters have to report. And that information is their main commodity. But the fact that we keep score and have a ranking on things like this is one of the saddest commentaries about our society that I've ever heard.

• Upvote 4

One comment on ABC news was that this is the worst shooting incident like this in US history. I know that reporters have to report. And that information is their main commodity. But the fact that we keep score and have a ranking on things like this is one of the saddest commentaries about our society that I've ever heard.

The reporter is wrong and that they have to rank this type of tragedy is horrible. Worst in history by the way happened in ME back in the 1940's

there is a special place in hell for this piece of s***, how can a parent gun down their own child and then continue on hurting other innocent children. Just sickening.

Further rant: To those already out there saying bring metal detectors and have armed guards at schools, just shut the f up already. How about society start raising there damn kids and hope kids stop having kids, the shooter was 20 with a freakin kindergarten, where was his family and why was he so pissed at the world that he would kill 18 innocent children.

I'll still be taking my 2 older kids to school and getting my 2 little ones prepared for future at school but locking down everything does nothing but show the crazies they have one. Time for personal responsibility and parenting to make a rebound. I feel I am a sub-par parent but I make sure my kids understand right from wrong and try to lead them on the right path and hope they make right decisions but still stand by them, but killing little kids is just unimaginable to me.

This is 20 miles from me right now, and I've heard nothing that the shooter was a father of one of the students. Not that I don't believe you, but where are you getting this information.

Nevermind, I thought I read parent in there.

Fail on me.

It's been reported in a couple of articles that the shooter was a parent, but like almost every bit of information in these early reports, it's not been verified. I'm willing to bet they've even removed it from a few of them. "Journalistic integrity," don'tcha know.

Heard the news on the Ticket. They said shooting at an elementary school before they said Connecticut. Knowing how much they focus almost solely on local events, and briefly forgetting that my child is now in middle school, complete, irrational fear sank in for a couple seconds. I can't imagine the horror of dropping your kid off at school and getting this news. For those parents, the world did indeed just end in 2012. I would be irreparably inconsolable. Horrible, horrible.

• Upvote 2

Really wish the media would stop identifying the shooters in these instances.

In a society that teaches it's young that everything is about getting your 15 minutes of fame, this only provides a path for the mentally unstable to get their 15 minutes.

We don't need to know a name, especially if the shooter is dead.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 3

Looks like he killed his mother and father as well. Just makes you wonder what the reasoning is/was behind this. One thing that frustrates me as someone else pointed out earlier, is all the talk of how this could've been prevented. Lock down the schools, mental health care system, gun control. etc etc. There is not an answer. If someone wants to do something like this there isn't much that will be able to stop them. Sucks to say

• Upvote 3

Based on what has been reported so far, it sounds like the mother of the shooter worked at the school and that he killed her and presumably her class. There is a secondary crime scene where it sounds like the shooter killed the person (a family member?) he was living with.

The 24 news cycle does nothing for accuracy. There now have been 2 different names and ages of the shooter that has been reported (corrected) now.

Edited by UNTFan23

This incident, the slaughter of innocent children, has disturbed me all day. What has our society come to?

I know what you mean here in the DFW backyard a father carves a Pentagram into his 6 year old son's back because it is a Holy Day?

I saw this as I was reading up on this elementary school shooting, where do these people come up with this crap?

http://www.khou.com/news/texas-news/Richland-Hills-man-admits-carving-pentagram-in-sons-back-because-its-a-holy-day-183249602.html

Based on what has been reported so far, it sounds like the mother of the shooter worked at the school and that he killed her and presumably her class. There is a secondary crime scene where it sounds like the shooter killed the person (a family member?) he was living with.

The 24 news cycle does nothing for accuracy. There now have been 2 different names and ages of the shooter that has been reported (corrected) now.

After reading a book about Columbine 13 years after the fact, I can tell you that half of what the news media says about stuff like this will be incorrect. And yes, the shooter probably played violent video games but guess what, so do 90% of males his age. Correlation =/ causation

• Upvote 3

This is 20 miles from me right now, and I've heard nothing that the shooter was a father of one of the students. Not that I don't believe you, but where are you getting this information.
Figures I go off early reports, sorry for that, was the mother teaching the young kids and was Adam and not Ryan as the media reported until recently. First reports had said related and took that as a child, never thought of a parent being murdered at the school.

Very sad state of affairs.