Students post Troy

Bald_Eagle

I am the biggest UNT fan there is. However, going forward from this game will be tough for the rest of us students. I'll be there regardless, but other students WILL NOT show up to future games if our team continues to look like what they did tonight. We're so close to having this student fan base show up in consistent numbers, such a shame what happened tonight.

Gonna be hard to look good on ESPN2..

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

If a 14-7 loss keeps them away....

Love ya Flyer but you know the reality of the situation. We had to win this game to keep the student interest.

And I think it has to do with more than the fact that we lost. We gave this one away, and it was like we didn't even care.

It's on the coaches and players now to renew interest by whupping the snot out of FAU and Houston before our big matchup with ULL.

• Upvote 3

If you didn't notice a large percentage of students didn't stay around to see NT lose. Unlike the TSU game were most stayed to the end, it looked like about half were gone by the fourth quarter. I guess it supports the theory that the students don't care who the opponent is. as long as it is an easy victory.

I think watching that red zone debacle where we were at Troy's 13, called an unnecessary TO, immediately followed that with a delay of game penalty, and finished up by going for it on 4th and 11 . . . might have had something to do with it.

• Upvote 3

I am the biggest UNT fan there is. However, going forward from this game will be tough for the rest of us students. I'll be there regardless, but other students WILL NOT show up to future games if our team continues to look like what they did tonight. We're so close to having this student fan base show up in consistent numbers, such a shame what happened tonight.

Gonna be hard to look good on ESPN2..

Nailed it. This was a better than expected turnout from the students from me which tells me you are right, we are close to consistency. But this one will make it wait till next year. They might be back by USA if we have run the table in the games in between.

• Upvote 2

As a student I don't have a good feeling about student attendance at the remaining games... the only hope is that MAYBE we will turn out because the game is televised on ESPN 2 and that is a rarity in these parts. If we win the next three then attendance may come back, but most students here are bandwagon fans. The team is improving and we see that, but a lot of students will say, why waste the time in going until we're actually good consistently. High hopes, last night was a letdown.

• Upvote 1

Yes, we should have won the game. Look at 3 missed fgs. But Div2 or crappy team? NO..Troy is ranked 10th in the nation in passing. OK..i have a son on the team and I will always be a fan and will show up for the games. Remember, Coach Mac is in his 2nd year. Dont know how many of yall have played college football, but it is proven every week that any given team can beat any team. In both LSU and Ks St we were 3-5 plays from winning or being a one score game. If you are waiting on a 12 - 0 team to come back, then on that premise, then Michigan would never sell out their games like they do every week. Im not trying to compare UNT to MIchigan, but students show up and show up in BIG numbers EVERY GAME. Oh yea...even the game a few years ago when Div 1-AA / Appalachian state beat them...did I say that any team could beat any team???

The foundation has been poured, the frame is up...help finish the construction project.

MEAN GREEN is not just the football team, the basketball team, the soccer, volleyball, band or the knitting team....MEAN GREEN IS UNT. Dont throw in the towel....WAVE THE HELL OUT OF IT!!

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

Yes, we should have won the game. Look at 3 missed fgs. But Div2 or crappy team? NO..Troy is ranked 10th in the nation in passing. OK..i have a son on the team and I will always be a fan and will show up for the games. Remember, Coach Mac is in his 2nd year. Dont know how many of yall have played college football, but it is proven every week that any given team can beat any team. In both LSU and Ks St we were 3-5 plays from winning or being a one score game. If you are waiting on a 12 - 0 team to come back, then on that premise, then Michigan would never sell out their games like they do every week. Im not trying to compare UNT to MIchigan, but students show up and show up in BIG numbers EVERY GAME. Oh yea...even the game a few years ago when Div 1-AA / Appalachian state beat them...did I say that any team could beat any team???

The foundation has been poured, the frame is up...help finish the construction project.

MEAN GREEN is not just the football team, the basketball team, the soccer, volleyball, band or the knitting team....MEAN GREEN IS UNT. Dont throw in the towel....WAVE THE HELL OUT OF IT!!

Finally someone with some sense!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Heads up mean green... we have a true fan in here... thanks for the great post and go mean green
  • Upvote 1

A 14-7 loss against a terrible team at home in an absolute bore of an exhibition in which UNT was completely inept in all but one facet of the game.

Student attendance will certainly drop.

I have to agree....UNT was on a roll , even with losses..but they were showing they were tough and could play with the big guys...then they look like total crap in front of the home crowd...I never leave games early..just couldn't take it any more...hit the exits early in 4th qtr...spent a lot of time and money to come see this game from Houston....it was a bore and money poorly spent...last game in Denton for me this year...offense was terrible...looks like a TD team with same BS excuses after game...I will go to the Houston game since Im in Houston....but this program has been down sooooooo long, hard to take a loss when it was sooooo pathetic....just pathetic.
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1