When are we going to hear some good news?

Just saw that the HS point guard from Arkansas, Taylor, has backed out of his commitment to us. I'm afraid to look at any UNT basketball story now. When will we have something positive to talk about? This is depressing!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Pissed 2
  • Eye Roll 1

21 minutes ago, Matt from A700 said:

The only positive thing I can take from this is the dude is taking the nut kicking pretty well. Perhaps meaning we'll still win 20 games next year?

True. I guess we'll see if the gif is accurate or if I should have posted someone writhing on the ground instead.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

We are a stepping stone for P 5’s or you are being asked to leave. There is no reason to get early commits. Wait for the back end of the cycles and hope you can add some talent. Be ready to do it again next year!!

• Upvote 4

Unless there is some real positive news is being hidden for some great reason, maybe it is time to start over with everything just not new players.  

Hodge may need to join the exodus from NT.  Why keep a coach that is not able to keep any of his players?

Blame NIL if you want, but this is the environment every team is operating in.  It is hard to believe that all D1 teams in the  NCAA  are having this kind of turnover.  

• Upvote 6
  • RV 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 5
  • Puking Eagle 1

37 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

It is hard to believe that all D1 teams in the  NCAA  are having this kind of turnover.  

You don't have to look very long or hard to realize we aren't in this boat alone.

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

You don't have to look very long or hard to realize we aren't in this boat alone.

4 hours ago, wardly said:

Indiana State lost their coach and 7 players.

Players leaving due to coach leaving makes sense to me. You like that coach and he recruited you there, maybe you don't want to play in an unknown system. I understand those reasons.  We are not in that situation, our coach is still here.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, JT Hammons said:

I mean if we released him the feelings had to be mutual no?  Maybe with the other portal defections we determined he would no longer be a good fit? @Cooley or anyone else please feel free to chime in.

I'm thinking the same thing.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Out of 300 plus teams, how many have you found with the portal transfers that NT has without an HC change.  Sure every team is effected, many are clearing their roster for better players; but NT has lost just about every player that could transfer without losing eligibility.    

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

58 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Out of 300 plus teams, how many have you found with the portal transfers that NT has without an HC change.  Sure every team is effected, many are clearing their roster for better players; but NT has lost just about every player that could transfer without losing eligibility.    

Are you kidding?   Indiana State lost their entire starting lineup and 3 others (8 total) to the portal.  There are plenty of other examples.   Saint Louis just lost  Bradley Ezewiro and Djordje Curcic. They already lost Gibson Jimerson, Sincere Parker, Cian Medley, Stef van Bussel and Abou Magassa to the portal.  Arkansas lost basically their entire team.  There are too many to post. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

3 minutes ago, Jonnyeagle said:

Are you kidding?   Indiana State lost their entire starting lineup and 3 others (8 total) to the portal.  There are plenty of other examples.   Saint Louis just lost  Bradley Ezewiro and Djordje Curcic. They already lost Gibson Jimerson, Sincere Parker, Cian Medley, Stef van Bussel and Abou Magassa to the portal.  Arkansas lost basically their entire team.  There are too many to post. 

To be fair he said without a HC change. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Eye Roll 1

2 hours ago, Green Otaku said:

Players leaving due to coach leaving makes sense to me. You like that coach and he recruited you there, maybe you don't want to play in an unknown system. I understand those reasons.  We are not in that situation, our coach is still here.

We lost less last year with a coaching change. 

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

…player that could transfer without losing eligibility.    

Tell me more about this.  Are you saying that players can lose eligibility if they transfer???  I’ve never heard of such a crazy thing.  

• Upvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1