I see Vic Alobewede in portal

The article raised a couple of questions.  I read that Vic (can I call you Vic ?) played 3 seasons at UMass and one season here.  He is said to have one more season of eligibility.  I thought a player got 5 years to play 4.  Is the extra COVID year still in effect ? Also, it said Vic could remove his name from the portal and remain at NT.  Is this the player’s call or does the school have the right to say, “no thank you” ( he only started 6 games on the worst defensive team in the nation.  Is he a desirable commodity ?).

Loss of depth on our already poor defensive line. Gary has tweeted out hints of 2 new additions to the defensive line. However, who knows how that will pan out.

The offense will put up a lot of points again. If our defense can just break the top 100, we should be on the verge of bowl eligibility.

• Upvote 1

After spring ball is when all the programs know if they are thin at defensive line or not. Many are and are willing to pay big $$$ to fix that. That’s why you are seeing so many D-linemen jumping into the portal now. This is when the D-linemen have the most leverage. 
Yeah it sucks for us, but this is happening at all the P4 schools too. The P4s are also having to bid against each other for their own D-linemen.

Edited by MeanGreenZen
  • Puking Eagle 1