Be Honest ... How worried (or not) are you about the QB situation?

• El Paso Eagle changed the title to Be Honest ... How worried (or not) are you about the QB situation?
  • Coach Andy Mac featured this topic

I’m honestly not worried about it at all. I think Morris has a track record of finding and developing good quarterbacks. I have no reason to doubt that at the point. I expect him to land a QB that most people will be excited about. I say most because, well, it’s GMG.com.

• Upvote 5

I really would’ve liked to have another qb on board besides the ones we have. I agree that Morris has a knack for finding QBs, but the system still needs to be learned, rapport needs to be made with receivers/TEs, a sense of feel with the OL needs to be made. These are the things that can get the team started quickly out of the gate. 
I know Stone won the starting gig last year, but I just can’t get excited with him. Hope he proves me wrong, but we just have to wait til after Spring. 

Concern level @ 6.5

• Upvote 3
  • Oh Boy! 1

Not worried because of the OL and RB additions. I know it's not the desired offensive scheme but it looks to me like the necessary pieces were brought in to make the offense as QB friendly as possible in the event that Stone or another inexperienced QB is the starter.  Look at the size of the offensive linemen coming in and bully-ball is definitely on the table if needed.

I know we're not Michigan but they just went 15-0 with McCarthy throwing an average of 22 times per game including zero passing attempts in an entire half. I'm more concerned about the defense.

• Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Worried Scale of 1-10:
1, being - Mason Fine returning with Guyton, Bussey, Darden, & Graham Harrell as OC.
10, being - We're starting Greer with McNulty backing him up in Chico's offense.

I'm at a solid 8.5 right now.

Put me at a 3 on that scale. Morris is so good at scheming up plays to get guys open I trust him way more in this space. Even with Earle I think we'll have a good offense. He got rocked in the first game and it probably threw his confidence. 

• Upvote 3
  • RV 1

13 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

Put me at a 3 on that scale. Morris is so good at scheming up plays to get guys open I trust him way more in this space. Even with Earle I think we'll have a good offense. He got rocked in the first game and it probably threw his confidence. 

Earle isn't the answer

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

16 minutes ago, Big Z said:

Earle isn't the answer

I still believe they will bring in a number quarterback prior to the season. But a confident Earle is a solid American Conf QB. 

• Upvote 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 2

2 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Worried Scale of 1-10:
1, being - Mason Fine returning with Guyton, Bussey, Darden, & Graham Harrell as OC.
10, being - We're starting Greer with McNulty backing him up in Chico's offense.

I'm at a solid 8.5 right now.

he did score the first touchdown at apogee....

• Thanks 1
  • Puking Eagle 2