North Texas Portal Entry Thread

TheReal_jayD

On 12/12/2023 at 3:19 PM, GoGreenBeans said:

I love UNT, but it’s quite confusing on why people expect this team to just magically become a powerhouse seemingly overnight. Why is there some expectation for Morris to have this team as a NY6 squad when he just got here? Us fans need to have patience. I’m not trying to beat down the university…but what makes people believe we’re the premier landing spot now after years of middling? This whole thing can’t/wont be built over night

Problem is that since our last conference championship patience has been preached here for most of the last 20 years.  Meanwhile programs have started or restarted from scratch and kicked our ass.  He should be going into his 3rd season here not his second because leadership was patient. 🤷🏽‍♂️

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Several posters on this board should be banned for constantly posting things about other schools, and many posts should be taken down. However, getting clicks is the name of the game, and even though this board is supposed to be about the Mean Green, clicks mean even more. I think you would be very hard-pressed to find another College Board where the people who run the board allow another school's fans to come on and post as much as is allowed here. So before you comment about my comment about clicks meaning more, think about that.

?But fREe SpeEcH !!1EleVen!?

• Haha 4
  • Downvote 2

On 12/12/2023 at 10:16 AM, MGNation92 said:

If they're leaving because they didn't buy into Morris, the reasoning could be that he's sticking with Caponi and the defense is hot garbage and will continue to be hot garbage so why bother?

Yes this part is really scary to me.  As an offensive player hoping to put up numbers that helps my team win it is going to be a hard sell to get me to come to a team with returning DC that led the worst defense FBS.  To me retaining Caponi says the program is not serious about winning.🤷🏽‍♂️  At this point I am going in expecting the record even be worse next year with a mid-season demotion/dismissing of Caponi.  I hope us loyal few continue to support tge program in spite of that.  I have one wish for next season; beat UTSA.

Edited by Meangreen Fight
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, SMU2006 said:

Its more than $3k/month.  Closer to $4k with escalators built in to account for inflation.

That's also just the money coming from The Boulevard Collective.  Most of the non millionaire/billionaire set (myself included) contribute to Pony Sports DTX for targeted transfers and current roster retention.  We're north of $1m annually on that front.

Using your weekly allowance from daddy to fund the SMU NIL. How thoughtful 

• Haha 3
  • Eye Roll 1

5 minutes ago, Meangreen Fight said:

Yes this part is really scary to me.  As an offensive player hoping to put up numbers that helps my team win it is going to be a hard sell to get me to come to a team with returning DC that led the worst defense FBS.  To me retaining Caponi says the program is not serious about winning.🤷🏽‍♂️  At this point I am going in expecting the record even be worse next year with a mid-season demotion/dismissing of Caponi.  I hope us loyal few continue to support tge program in spite of that.  I have one wish for next season; beat UTSA.

I just don’t believe the defense will be worse than last year.  
-another year in the strength program

-more familiarity with the defense 

-added recruits/transfers (so far…some pieces will likely come in later)

-our 2nd leading tackler is in the TP and he has one D1 offer. The young guys behind him will take that next step this defense requires. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, SMU2006 said:

Makes galaxy brain comment about daddy's money....

Season 2 Kidding GIF by Showtime

Knowingly attends school with reputation of having trustfund kids as student population...  Gets triggered when someone applies that stereotype to you.    ...just roll with it bro.  You did well to attend SMU, regardless of financial situation.

• Haha 5

On 12/14/2023 at 12:44 PM, MeanGreenTexan said:

Knowingly attends school with reputation of having trustfund kids as student population...  Gets triggered when someone applies that stereotype to you.    ...just roll with it bro.  You did well to attend SMU, regardless of financial situation.

One...or all of the members of the BoR are probably clients of his mom...or dad. 

• Eye Roll 2