***OFFICIAL Memphis State vs UNT Game Thread***

Coach Andy Mac

12 minutes ago, Andrew said:

I’m convinced few to none sat around through the early 90s teams…. Emmitt and Rudy I think we’re at the games maybe around 98 if I recall at the tailgates. Almost nobody really knows how bad we use to be…. This isn’t close to being bad….

We were FCS/I-AA until 1995.  So being a bad FCS with seats all over the stadium under $30 and nothing sweet about our suites is not a fair comparison.  We are bad considering what has been invested.  What you are talking about isn't just bad it about not even really having a program that deserved to play FBS level games at home. 

Edited by Meangreen Fight
  • Upvote 2

I’m convinced few to none sat around through the early 90s teams…. Emmitt and Rudy I think we’re at the games maybe around 98 if I recall at the tailgates. Almost nobody really knows how bad we use to be…. This isn’t close to being bad….

I was there.  50 people in the stands at Fouts.  People get irritated at me for my attitude, but North Texas has been terrible for decades upon decades, masked by useless bowl games.  Nothing ever changes.  Even conference changes rarely mean anything, as the teams always seem to cycle back around.

But now the school is paying so much more money for coaches and facilities and we STILL are terrible.  

Edited by TripleGrad
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Disagree. If you look at the investments in this program and how much these coaches are being paid this is just as bad if not worse.

Yea because losing to McNeese state and eastern Louisiana was just the peak of football…. Oh or getting blown out by Sam Houston. Or simply not being able to compete the likes of cal poly and UC Irvine. Yes losing to a top 25 school by a touchdown and navy by 3 and getting to play teams like Cal and then Memphis at home…. That’s just so awful…..

• Upvote 3

Just now, TripleGrad said:

I was there.  50 people in the stands at Fouts.  People get irritated at me for my attitude, but North Texas has been terrible for decades upon decades, masked by useless bowl games.  Nothing ever changes.  Even conference changes rarely mean anything, as the teams always seem to cycle back around.

Somewhat true yes, but it has gotten better. I would happily lose to Memphis by 24 at home than teams like Cal Poly on the road by 20 🤣

Yes we have invested more and that’s why we are playing better teams at home in a nicer stadium and contending for 6-6 records. 

People want to go backwards? The only backwards I want to do is have the fields for tailgating back and that’s it….

Just now, Andrew said:

Yea because losing to McNeese state and eastern Louisiana was just the peak of football…. Oh or getting blown out by Sam Houston. Or simply not being able to compete the likes of cal poly and UC Irvine. Yes losing to a top 25 school by a touchdown and navy by 3 and getting to play teams like Cal and then Memphis at home…. That’s just so awful…..

Lol. 

We suck. Bigly. Going back 30 years playing FCS football means nothing. Everything is about the ROI. 30+ years ago, UNT was getting their ROI. Today, it's literally not close. And the crazy part is that the athletic department expects us to just give them money. If the athletic department was situated in academia it would have been shut down already. They have proven year after year, changes in AD, that the athletic department does not run an efficient or effective unit. Yet... here they are...

Come Let Me Love You GIF

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Lol. 

We suck. Bigly. Going back 30 years playing FCS football means nothing. Everything is about the ROI. 30+ years ago, UNT was getting their ROI. Today, it's literally not close. And the crazy part is that the athletic department expects us to just give them money. If the athletic department was situated in academia it would have been shut down already. They have proven year after year, changes in AD, that the athletic department does not run an efficient or effective unit. Yet... here they are...

Come Let Me Love You GIF

Been saying that for decades. It’s a side show. A cash cow for those who get invited to join. There is no accountability for poor performance. 

Edited by meangreenbob
  • Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Andrew said:

We are better than the very worst of FBS and paying the staff here way better than that with nice facilities everywhere.  The level up in all things UNT from the early 90s till today has been great but winning in football has lagged far behind.  

Now look at basketball winning the NIT with Superpit falling down around them.  🤷🏽‍♂️

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

Why not both? 😅

We have a good Air Raid OC as head coach learning on the job.  Not great just good.  He is only a better evaluator of QB talent thus far in comparison to Littrell in my opinion.  That isn't a criticism of him it is a critic of the hiring philosophy.  Just once I would like to see them hire one of best available DC in the country as head coach. 

We get talented players here just not great coaching.  But we are paying great salaries. 🤷🏽‍♂️

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, 3_n_out said:

I thought this 3-3-5 was also good against running teams coz the safeties would come down to help? Are they coached not to come below 10yds?

Problem is all season we have been brining too man guys….. it needs to change. We rush/ have to many guys going in.