***OFFICIAL Memphis State vs UNT Game Thread***

Coach Andy Mac

9 hours ago, 97and03 said:

We scored 7 in the first half this game and 0 in the first half against Tulane. Zero in the first half against Cal. 10 in the first three quarters versus Navy. 
This is not a very good offense. It is an explosive offense that is wildly inconsistent. 

We have statistically the best offense in the American.   485 yd/game.  And it not just passing 180 comes from the ground.   This offense has been the most consistent in the league.  Because they score in bunches and not on every drive, "they aren't very good".  If my expectations were this high, I'd give up watching college football, you're just going to be disappointed every game

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

He has to be, right? He's at the apex of his career earnings and he knows it. I couldn't imagine what he says in staff meetings trying to secure another year. I am certain he is 1000000000% pointing fingers at assistants and/or players. 

What other colleges make their coordinators available during post game press conferences?  I don’t know Caponi from Adam, but this is such an asinine statement even from you. Some of you act like these coaches are just here to get paid and don’t give a damn about the results. These coaches believe in their systems and themselves and are typically workaholics trying to constantly improve. 
This staff got a late start on putting together their recruiting class and either thought they had more DL talent than they had or misjudged the talent. Like it or not, Morris has admitted his mistake and is working hard to correct things. I like his honesty and candor. We lost to Tulane and Memphis, two of the top teams in the AAC, by seven points each. Based off of your preseason predictions, I would think you all would be in hog heaven. 
To be clear, I prefer a team with a strong defense and am frustrated by the defensive performance this year, but to intimate that these coaches don’t care and are just here for a paycheck and are placing the blame on the players is ridiculous. I think our coaches have much more character than that. 

• Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

What other colleges make their coordinators available during post game press conferences?  I don’t know Caponi from Adam, but this is such an asinine statement even from you. Some of you act like these coaches are just here to get paid and don’t give a damn about the results. These coaches believe in their systems and themselves and are typically workaholics trying to constantly improve. 
This staff got a late start on putting together their recruiting class and either thought they had more DL talent than they had or misjudged the talent. Like it or not, Morris has admitted his mistake and is working hard to correct things. I like his honesty and candor. We lost to Tulane and Memphis, two of the top teams in the AAC, by seven points each. Based off of your preseason predictions, I would think you all would be in hog heaven. 
To be clear, I prefer a team with a strong defense and am frustrated by the defensive performance this year, but to intimate that these coaches don’t care and are just here for a paycheck and are placing the blame on the players is ridiculous. I think our coaches have much more character than that. 

I said no such thing about his availability. But if we're going there, coordinators are available often mid-week all throughout the country. No idea if he has ever went in front of a mic. I don't care either. I don't need to hear him defend his trash product. 

And coaches are egomaniacs, so of course they believe in their philosophy and certainly themselves. Doesn't make it less shit. Also, never underestimate what a coach will say to deflect blame, particularly in a private setting. 

And there are coaches all over the country on cruise control at any given time. Sometimes the acceptance of failure is more humbling than the failure itself. The one's that accept the failure are usually the ones that have their university held over a barrel and will take as much scratch as they can until the institution can afford to let them go. Shit, Dan Mccarney was a shell of himself when we hired him. Damn near a ghost of himself when we fired him. He would taken 6 more Portland State beatings and signed a contract extension at years end if he could've. I've seen more excitement and energy from a sloth climbing down a tree to take a shit than what I saw out of Seth Littrell his last 18 months here. 

As for late starts. Guy was hired December 13th, sure. That's pretty late. But he then chose to basically neglect the portal. I only say that BECAUSE HE TOLD US THAT. 

Say what you will... this defense is very bad. Historically bad. And we're only just in the meat of it. We very well could give up 1400 yards and 100 points these next 2 weeks. 

If Eric Morris values HIS job, he will fire Caponi. He will bring in a more experienced DC. He will value recruiting that side of the ball. He will regard the portal as an instrument for success. Or...he'll be gone in 2025. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

Sorry, I was referring to your comment about him collecting a check and pointing fingers at others to blame. 
And when this all turns around and this program is successful you will go right back into hibernation. 

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, aprice said:

We have statistically the best offense in the American.   485 yd/game.  And it not just passing 180 comes from the ground.   This offense has been the most consistent in the league.  Because they score in bunches and not on every drive, "they aren't very good".  If my expectations were this high, I'd give up watching college football, you're just going to be disappointed every game

Yards are meaningless without points, like the first drive when we passed up points for a low percentage pass to the end zone. I don’t expect them to score every drive but we can’t go silent for entire halves of games. We won’t many games with that kind of inconsistency. In fact, we haven’t won many games - even against cupcakes like FIU and Navy. 
I honestly don’t know how to demonstrate this inconsistency better than I did in my original post. A half with no points or three quarters with 10 doesn’t scream dominance to me. 

2 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Sorry, I was referring to your comment about him collecting a check and pointing fingers at others to blame. 
And when this all turns around and this program is successful you will go right back into hibernation. 

Joke is certainly on you, this football program is never turned around. It's in a constant state of fragility. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 2