Our AD made a MASSIVE mistake with this HC hire

Travis

44 minutes ago, Travis said:

It’s all in the title. This is going to be a very very bad era for North Texas football. 
I am all for the firing of SL. But we have taken big steps back with this HC and his Coordinators.  We look so unprepared against a mediocre P5 team.  

I would guess Cal is a bad P5 team, maybe a mediocre D1 team. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Udomann said:

Watching what colorado did with a horrible human being of a coach vs us.... 

I think I might take the bad man instead

You mean you aren't going to sleep tonight happy to have a coach you could have a beer with?  You know that camaraderie puts it all in perspective when SMU fan talks about how pathetic our program is.  

• Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1

10 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

SUMG brought up a good point that Grant lost his first home game to UT Rio Grande Valley. I'm not happy either but maybe some of us had our green glasses on for too long and thought this team was a lot better than we might be. 

I wonder if turning over the roster with coach confirmed to be able to recruit beyond the nameplate of the school would have helped?  🤔

1 hour ago, MeanGreen4Life1998 said:

Well its definitely more of the same so far. But im hopeful eventually things will improve.. and hey I didn’t like hiring this AD or HC at all but I wanna atleast give em some time

We have no choice.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

SUMG brought up a good point that Grant lost his first home game to UT Rio Grande Valley. I'm not happy either but maybe some of us had our green glasses on for too long and thought this team was a lot better than we might be. 

So you are saying the last coach was a horrible recruiter and this new guy didn't find us better alternative than Aune, Head, Rogers, or Earl?  Seriously no longer believe the big donors nor Adminstration are ambitious enough to make the moves necessary not to be left out new CFB the power that be are marching towards.  Us not even making a public attempt to bring in Coach Sanders tell me that we don't really want to win.  Make fun of the trust fund rubes of SMU all you want, but they WANT to win.  They probably won't but you can never claim they aren't trying hard enough.  I regularly skeptical of our leaders efforts and decision making.  FIRST GUESSED not second guessing.

1 hour ago, Mike Jackson said:

Seriously no longer believe the big donors nor Adminstration are ambitious enough to make the moves necessary not to be left out new CFB the power that be are marching towards.  Us not even making a public attempt to bring in Coach Sanders tell me that we don't really want to win.  

The truly "big donors" have always treated the Hub Club era of UNT Football as an extension of their wealthy Country Strong Denton/Wise County groups.  They stay to eat a buffet dinner at the Hub Club, see the band, and then say "I'll go watch the 2nd half at home." I can't count the amount of times I've heard that from people sitting near me in the HC, if they even make it to their seats.

MGSF said the HC was sold out this afternoon.  Other than a surprising amount of Cal fans (where do they even get those Tix?), there was maybe 4 additional new people in our Club section.  Still 60%+ empty seats.

There's a lot of "Oh golly, isn't that just UNT football? See y'all in a few weeks! 👋"

• Upvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

8 minutes ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

MGSF said the HC was sold out this afternoon.  Other than a surprising amount of Cal fans (where do they even get those Tix?), there was maybe 4 additional new people in our Club section.  Still 60%+ empty seats.

Interesting, I was not able to get a hub seat on the secondary market most of last year.  And I saw none for today’s game.

2 minutes ago, Mike Jackson said:

Interesting, I was not able to get a hub seat on the secondary market most of last year.  And I saw none for today’s game.

Ive honestly never seen so many away team fans on the 3rd floor.  I assume they called the ticket office and waived some Bay Area cash that the ticket office just couldn't say no to.

The ticket office and the scholarship fund always make it very opaque how people get a hold of single game HC tickets who don't have a current HC ticket holder buying it for them.  I think a lot of long time HC ticket holders would be royally pissed if they found out how prevalent it actually is.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1
  • Pissed 1