Stone Earle Named Starter

TheReal_jayD

I haven't attended any scrimmages or practices, but I imagine this was an humbling announcement for Rogers based on comments he made earlier this year:

https://dentonrc.com/sports/colleges/mean_green/transfer-qb-chandler-rogers-points-to-fit-relationship-with-staff-as-reason-he-signed-with/article_204f33ff-5327-5663-9489-9db022e5bcdb.html?utm_campaign=blox&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

"With myself and the rest of the class we have coming in, we can win this conference."

I hope he uses this decision to fuel him in the right way.

However, UNT should feel confident about its chances to win this game. Maybe this was a strategic choice. Cal was also recruiting Rogers and knows his game.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Green Lantern said:

Are we really going to do the multiple QB’s again??? In our huge opportunity OOC game?

It depends on how the coaches work it.  I certainly hope they don't do alternating drives like we've done a time or two.  But bringing in Stone for certain packages last year worked just fine.

• Upvote 6
  • Lovely Take 1

1 hour ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

It depends on how the coaches work it.  I certainly hope they don't do alternating drives like we've done a time or two.  But bringing in Stone for certain packages last year worked just fine.

Yeah, it’s possible he means they’ve got specific packages for Rogers, but that’s not what I took away from his comments in the video. He said that Rogers also performed well in camp and deserved to play. Never like the thought of waffling or “target on the back” of the starter.

If Earle won the QB competition, let’s roll with him. Totally comfortable with that.

Edited by Green Lantern
  • Upvote 7

I keep hearing the qualifier about Burns he's not the fastest etc. etc. But the first time I noticed him, which was a couple of years ago, he caught a short pass and then it took about three defensive players to bring him down.  So later I went and read his bio online, and it said that he played both WR and RB in High School. On that one play, it sure looked like it. I am looking forward to him making a lot of clutch plays this year.

Sounds like Earl put it into another gear this fall. I wish I could have witnessed a scrimmage or two this fall. 

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 6

i like the choice. if a man steps up and proves himself then so be it. 

i feel like a lot of fans including me, are looking for the QB jesus to show up out of the blue.  maybe its a combination of stone and rogers, who knows?. we have to trust the staff as hard as that can be. 

• Upvote 5