Thanks, it’s been fun

SMU solves none of the ACCs problems. Adding any new team will trigger a renegotiation of the media rights deal that FSU is desperately trying to get out of….you know what, at this point, please just leave SMU 😆

Edited by Salsa_Verde
  • Upvote 5

Again, if they want to go to the ACC I will laugh at them on they way out the door.

Florida St and Clemson are going to take all the money in a new tv deal and the travel will kill the Geldings.

They will be Colorado in 10 years and begging to come back.

Edited by UNT86
  • Upvote 3

I guess the ACC needs another doormat.  Going to be hard for SMUT to win.  But good luck to them on their journey and thanks for the check.  We dont need to schedule them in the future.  They don't bring many fans to Denton and we bring a lot to theirs so it helps them with attendance.  I sure we can find someone else to play.  I would rather play Boise State than Smut.   I guess when FSU and Clemson leave the for big 10 they are hoping they can ride along with them.  This why AAC added UNT to replace SMUTland in the metroplex.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Salsa_Verde said:

SMU solves none of the ACCs problems. Adding any new team will trigger a renegotiation of the media rights deal that FSU is desperately trying to get out of….you know what, at this point, please just leave SMU 😆

Surely you have missed where everyone is proclaiming they represent the city of Dallas and bring the Dallas Market

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • Eye Roll 1

They fit the ACC small privates well. I’m excited we get to go get another major market team or team with some street cred and potential. That is not what smu has been for awhile. I take the Morris approach. Invest and blast forward with those who want to build, enhance and be here. 

When this all settles one day we will be with teams with similar regional profiles, like Texas Tech, Okie State, Houston, UTSA, Memphis, and others. 

Right now we are in a nice pole position with green brightness on the horizon. 

GMG

• Upvote 6

27 minutes ago, Hunter Green said:

The powers that be HAVE bettered our position. I'm sure Dr. Smastrek and JM are in contact with Mike Aresco on a regular basis. The fan base belittles smu because, well,  they're smu.

Wasn't talking just about SMU, like I said, Memphis, UTSA and Tulane are currently making it known, they are willing to do whatever possible to get a P5 invite.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

38 minutes ago, dodgefan said:

Wasn't talking just about SMU, like I said, Memphis, UTSA and Tulane are currently making it known, they are willing to do whatever possible to get a P5 invite.

I’d like it known, I will do whatever possible to be Supernan.   I figure I should be flying and bulletproof by November at the latest. 

• Haha 3