The Pac-12's media rights negotiations are "not going very well," CBS Sports' Barrett Sallee told FOS.

4 hours ago, Cougar King said:

We sold more season tickets than UNT has drawn to a game in years. Sit this one out junior.

We would all be happy to if you were on SMU or HOUSTON COUGAR  board. 🙄  At least SMU is near us in the same conference with us and on our schedule.   

If you are so passionate and relish the opportunity to talk smack to Mean Green fans then lobby your athletic department to sign a 4,6,8, or 10 game home and home series with us.  I am not sure if Texas State has a board but I would be ashamed of any Mean Green fan going to their board getting in a tiff with UTSA fans.  It makes no sense.  Kind of pathetic. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

25 minutes ago, Mike Jackson said:

We would all be happy to if you were on SMU or HOUSTON COUGAR  board. 🙄  At least SMU is near us in the same conference with us and on our schedule.   

If you are so passionate and relish the opportunity to talk smack to Mean Green fans then lobby your athletic department to sign a 4,6,8, or 10 game home and home series with us.  I am not sure if Texas State has a board but I would be ashamed of any Mean Green fan going to their board getting in a tiff with UTSA fans.  It makes no sense.  Kind of pathetic. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

@Cougar Kingcomes here and douches it up because the UH boards banned him.  His own people don't like him.  Why our MOD's let him post on here is beyond me.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

247sports.com just reported that both SMU and SDSU are expecting invitations from the PAC 12. The Aztecs are in a time crunch. They need to exit the MWC now at cost of $17 million or later for $34 million. If they don't receive invite from PAC 12 before their exit deadline with the MWC, which is now, what are they going to do? Drop out of MWC membership based upon the hope of inclusion into the PAC 12?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, wardly said:

247sports.com just reported that both SMU and SDSU are expecting invitations from the PAC 12. The Aztecs are in a time crunch. They need to exit the MWC now at cost of $17 million or later for $34 million. If they don't receive invite from PAC 12 before their exit deadline with the MWC, which is now, what are they going to do? Drop out of MWC membership based upon the hope of inclusion into the PAC 12?

The MWC has already started to process of removing SDSU from the conference, so yes. They will either get the invite or be conference-less in 2024. 

3 hours ago, MeanGreenGlory said:

IF they end up independent…what are the chances the AAC extends an invitation?

Possible, but I struggle to think of a deal that would benefit both sides. A short deal with an easy out benefits SDSU, but what does that do for the AAC? Where would the money come from and what kind of share would SDSU get? A long term deal would allow the AAC to negotiate some more money and it would help the conference's perception, but this would lock SDSU in a contract that would surely cost them another exit fee. They are already paying $17M to get out of the MWC, then another $18M to leave the AAC? I don't see that happening. The logistics to make it happen just don't seem to be there. 

• Upvote 1

On 6/28/2023 at 11:18 AM, DentonStang said:

Rice and Tulane have the resources.... But not the will to try.  That's why I said "and willing to invest the resources to try to win". 

If Rice wanted to invest their vast resources, make curriculum changes, etc to facilitate winning they'd absolutely be an option.

yeps, they do not have the will to lower their standards in academics...good for them

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

On 6/28/2023 at 6:36 PM, UNTLifer said:

@Cougar Kingcomes here and douches it up because the UH boards banned him.  His own people don't like him.  Why our MOD's let him post on here is beyond me.

You do realize that I've been posting on Coogfans and Cougar's Digest for several years right? I got banned once over a decade ago and you're still stuck on that the same way you're stuck on SMU.

The mods let me post here because I haven't broken any site rules. 

• Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1

2 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

I would think their first choice is to have Army join

Army ponders how long it can remain independent in football

(from Dec. 2022, and includes Navy's and AF's situation in conferences)

https://apnews.com/article/college-football-sports-army-west-point-black-knights-navy-midshipmen-villanova-wildcats-22ec674cfc3e34d8a978e4340f743367

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Cougar King said:

You do realize that I've been posting on Coogfans and Cougar's Digest for several years right? I got banned once over a decade ago and you're still stuck on that the same way you're stuck on SMU.

The mods let me post here because I haven't broken any site rules. 

Then thank goodness for the ignore feature. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

11 hours ago, NT80 said:

Army ponders how long it can remain independent in football

(from Dec. 2022, and includes Navy's and AF's situation in conferences)

https://apnews.com/article/college-football-sports-army-west-point-black-knights-navy-midshipmen-villanova-wildcats-22ec674cfc3e34d8a978e4340f743367

Army jumping into the American is the right move. It makes sense on all fronts. 

• Upvote 2