The Pac-12's media rights negotiations are "not going very well," CBS Sports' Barrett Sallee told FOS.

13 hours ago, DentonStang said:

Informal deadline according to who?  This speculation. There have been endless "informal deadlines" guessed at. Just guesses. No evidence to assume this deadline is any more real. PAC has a year before they must have a deal.  Time is getting short but nowhere near critical. 

Pac-12 is two weeks from media day, and everyone in college sports is watching

https://trojanswire.usatoday.com/2023/07/07/pac-12-is-two-weeks-from-media-day-and-everyone-in-college-sports-is-watching/

• Upvote 1

PAUL FINEBAUM PREDICTS PAC-12 IS ‘IN BIG TROUBLE’ NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS WITH MEDIA DEAL

“I don’t think they’ll be able to put those fires out. Even with a new deal. Even if it’s with Apple or Amazon or some, you know, cobbled together group, they’re still in big trouble,” Finebaum said during an interview with John Ourand.

https://www.outkick.com/pac-12-media-deal-big-trouble-paul-finebaum/

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

So, no sources, no actual info on the negotiations, just talking head opinion piece. As meaningless as everything else. 

What would "dire" even mean?

This data is a bit long of a time period and includes USC/UCLA and UT/OU but this shows Stanford would be the #2 team in viewership among the B12 left behind, and just barely.  

https://sicem365.com/s/13048/how-many-viewers-did-your-ncaa-team-attract

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

All these $mut fans remind me of Baghdad Bob back in the day.  Saying on TV, "There are no American Troops in Bagdad.". All while there are American Troops taking over the airport. 

Believe me, I'm not saying it's totally fine. If it were known to be totally fine there would be a deal in place. 

I'm just saying we don't know if it's fine, kinda fine, not very fine, complete disaster, or something else. None of the info leaking is reliable, and the vast major is just total BS.  Practically every media personality who has commented positive or negative has been wrong repeatedly over the last year. It's all BS clickbait.  

Equally BS is the idea of deadlines. If media day or any of the other "must be done by or" dates mattered the PAC would have at least attempted to soften the publicity or make excuses or throw a bone. They haven't. They don't care. The dates don't matter. They obviously don't care about the publicity.  They have at least 6 more months before they approach real contractual deadlines that matter due to the expiration of the current contract a year from now. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, meanrob said:

You gotta love how he doesn’t blame Larry Scott, the university presidents, the ADs, etc.  It’s the fans’ fault. 

I think his point was that on some campuses out there the culture is not football-supportive.  Media rights are based on attendance and eye-balls wanting to watch the product (PAC12 football).  He is not feeling the love in some of the Cali college towns like in other parts of the country.   And I agree.   Likewise, Smu will not draw anywhere near 35,000 to see Oregon State in Dallas.

Edited by NT80
  • Upvote 1