Will Kuehne Enters the transfer portal

TheReal_jayD

• Coach Andy Mac changed the title to Will Kuehne Enters the transfer portal
3 minutes ago, greenminer said:

First thought is, timing? Isn't there a cutoff time for entering the portal?

Like, should I be surprised if someone enters the portal first week of October?

At first I thought if you graduated you could leave so long as the school you are at allows it.  On second thought I think the NCAA may have to approve a waiver.  I'm not sure honestly.

Edited by Tom McKrackin
  • Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Based on timing I would guess the start of classes. I wonder this late if he already has a school lined up?

• Upvote 3

I wish all of the threads of players transferring were this positive. Attitude towards the student athlete and the transfer portal usually looks a lot different, and much less favorable. 

Just like a lot of those cases, it looks like a really sensible move and Kuehne represented us very well while here. Looked like we might get Chase Griffin in 2019 then he chose UCLA, we moved on to Kuehne and he committed and held firm. Wishing him the best.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 2
  • Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, greenminer said:

You can enter the portal any of the 365 days of the year. In order to be eligible to take advantage of the NCAA’s sit-out free transfer rule, an athlete would have needed to be in the portal by July 1st, unless they are grad transferring like Kuehne.

Starting this upcoming school year, fall/winter athletes will need to be in the transfer portal by May 1st in order to be eligible to transfer without sitting out a year the next season.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/ncaa-board-of-directors-ratifies-one-time-transfer-legislation-allowing-athletes-immediate-eligibility/

• Thanks 3