• Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Sign in to follow this  
Harry

North Texas to Mountain West?

6 hours ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

That's a silly claim.  In their last class, they had zero commits from Alabama: https://247sports.com/college/arkansas-state/Season/2019-Football/Commits/

They had 5 commits from Texas.

Where did you hear this claim?

Saw it in writing a year or so ago. I didn't make it up, just threw it out as a reason Arkansas State would probably prefer to move east if given a choice.However, it sure hurt U of A's recruiting in Texas when they joined SEC.Out of site, out of mind.

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, wardly said:

Saw it in writing a year or so ago. I didn't make it up, just threw it out as a reason Arkansas State would probably prefer to move east if given a choice.However, it sure hurt U of A's recruiting in Texas when they joined SEC.Out of site, out of mind.

By the by, just checked A-State's roster. I counted 6 players from Texas as well as 5 from Alabama. Looked like they do well in Arkansas.

8 minutes ago, wardly said:

By the by, just checked A-State's roster. I counted 6 players from Texas as well as 5 from Alabama. Looked like they do well in Arkansas.

Yes, 5 from Alabama but 15 from Texas.  http://www.astateredwolves.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7200&SPID=2798&SPSID=35789

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

Well, maybe you are right and they and the Louisiana schools won't want to go east because of their ability to recruit in Texas. You may find out in 2023.[I say you only because I will be 80 then if still above ground. Sorta iffy] 

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, TheColonyEagle said:

Boils down to 2 choices:

Want easy road trips or want to be in a conference that has a higher national profile? 

Both and the MWC ain't it! Just say no to the Mountain West! AAC would do the job.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3

18 hours ago, KRAM1 said:

Both and the MWC ain't it! Just say no to the Mountain West! AAC would do the job.

If I had my choice between the AAC and MWC. Of course I would take the AAC. But that wasn’t the topic of this thread.

The two choices are choosing between MWC (higher profile) and CUSA (easy road trips) 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Easy choice.  It is all perception, if MWC comes calling, we go.

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 2

44 minutes ago, GrizzlyFCD said:

The MWC could help North Texas in so many ways.  It might also help us get that mythical baseball team. 

Please list the ways. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, GrizzlyFCD said:

The MWC could help North Texas in so many ways.  It might also help us get that mythical baseball team. 

I think, if anything, it would make it a little harder to get baseball going here, since that would be another team with little income flying West a lot.   
But, Football and Basketball are still the kings of the collegiate sports world, and the MWC would be a big jump in competition/prestige from where we are currently for both of those sports.  Still worth it to table baseball a little longer in order to put football/basketball there, in my opinion.

• Confused 1