AAC expert picks 2023: Projected order of finish, bold predictions, championship favorites

Tommy Gadberry

• Haha 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

38 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

smu will lose both of those road games, utsa will not win twelve and I hope Traylor goes to A&M. 

SMU might lose both those games but win everything else. 

Agree that UTSA has no chance at winning 12. Playing in CUSA has made people think they’re better than they really are. They are 4-4 vs FBS competition outside CUSA the last 2 years. 

• Eye Roll 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

smu will lose both of those road games, utsa will not win twelve and I hope Traylor goes to A&M. 

I think/hope that you're right on SMU.  UTSA could win twelve as long as Lewis is the quarterback (which thankfully this is his final collegiate year.)  They only lost three offense and three defense.  As for Traylor going to A$M...good luck and good riddance!  I hope that you are right.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, GrayEagle said:

I think/hope that you're right on SMU.  UTSA could win twelve as long as Lewis is the quarterback (which thankfully this is his final collegiate year.)  They only lost three offense and three defense.  As for Traylor going to A$M...good luck and good riddance!  I hope that you are right.

We shouldn't want Traylor to leave. We should want utsa to snuggle up even closer to him financially for several reasons. 1. High tide lifts all boats 2. UNT and its peers would have to elevate their games. 3. Iron sharpens iron. 4. They'll suck in everything else. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

We shouldn't want Traylor to leave. We should want utsa to snuggle up even closer to him financially for several reasons. 1. High tide lifts all boats 2. UNT and its peers would have to elevate their games. 3. Iron sharpens iron. 4. They'll suck in everything else. 

I’m alright with UTSA and SMU winning games, I just want to win more than them and I want to beat them in head to head. 

• Upvote 6

If you go by these "experts", then UNT has caught a pretty maximally tough AAC schedule this year (which itself is not that unreasonable to suggest). It misses the bottom two teams and  3 of the 5 teams generally considered worst (USF, Charlotte, Rice, only playing Tulsa/Temple), plus ECU which is considered in the middle, while playing all 3 teams generally considered at the top (SMU, Tulane, UTSA). The closest thing to a break appears to be missing FAU (which folks have ranked as high as 2nd and as low as 11th)

Also, for some reason only Tulane has lower variability in how it is assessed, which is fairly surprising given that UNT is generally thought to be in the middle (betwenn 6 and 9) and has a new coach (although that is true for a lot of temas this year). I gues it means people look at Morris and see someone in a similar mold to SL and think things will continue on a similar track as before, while they have very differing opinions on how folks like Dilfer or Herman a FAU wil do.

16 hours ago, Tommy Gadberry said:

Will UTSA match the hype? Not many teams win in Norman and TCU was in the National Championship last season. I can't see SMU winning either of those games on the road, if they did win one of them, this board would melt down.

Edited by dodgefan
  • Upvote 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 3

2 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

Fisher isn't getting fired at A&M any time soon. That buyout is $77 Million if they fired him after this season and $68 million after next season. Nobody is firing someone for that kind of buyout/bailout...

Agree with you.  The only exception would be if he goes 0-8 or something which won't happen.

• Upvote 1