• Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Sign in to follow this  
Brett Vito

DRC: Report -- Littrell on list of potential SMU replacements

oh Vito would love SL to get hired away so he can yell I told you so UNT, he was just too good. Just do not see SL leaving for SMU nor do I see SMU hiring SL, all they need to do is review the SMU and 2 FAU games to see that. 

Edited by untbowler
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 6

2 minutes ago, untbowler said:

oh Vito would love SL to get hired away so he can yell I told you so UNT, he was just too good. Just do not see SL leaving for SMU nor do I see SMU hiring SL, all they need to do is review the SMU and 2 FAU games to see that. 

Didn't read the article, huh?

• Upvote 4

They'd be dumb to not consider him, and SL would be dumb to take the job. I don't think its an exaggeration to say SMU is a lateral move, even if AAC is better than CUSA. 

• Upvote 3

46 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Didn't read the article, huh?

yes I actually did just like ever article that Vito puts out daily hoping and expecting SL to get hired away. Same ol Shit Story different day, guess DRC is desperate for hits.

• Downvote 5

What I really want to know is who writes our contracts?  Moving from UNT to SMU would look so bad for us that it must be protected contractually. I also don't think that a potential hire would balk at signing away his right to go to a crosstown rival or at least agreeing to a larger buyout for certain teams.  

• Upvote 1

Typical Vito! Ends this article with:

“UNT fans might as well get used to it. Littrell's name is going to continue to come up as long as he is in Denton.“

Vito can’t wait to maybe report for SMU one day is the real deal. 

Edited by MeanGreen01
  • Downvote 1

Vito's point is this:

• Littrell is good. Soon everyone will want him. But there's no way he's going to SMU.

While the 247 report has no basis and is just playing a guessing game and Vito is just passing that along in his own post, he's right you know.

Get used to seeing Littrell's name everywhere. That's a good thing. Remember all those times Dodge or Mac's name came up?

• Upvote 6

If SL is mentioned as a possible replacement on every list then that means things are good and we're doing a good thing right now in FB.  I wouldn't worry about it til it happens...I'll be more worried if WB is not ready with candidates and a quick/good replacement than about SL leaving.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Texas Stranger said:

My take was 'Every G5 coach with a winning record is automatically a candidate for every opening".

Even G5 coaches with losing records. See Arkansas's new coach.