DRC: UNT headed to New Orleans Bowl

Brett Vito

17 minutes ago, KingDL1 said:

1. So we are going back to the worst nationally perceived bowl of the season

2. Has the lowest payout or second lowest by far

3. in the last 40+ years we have been to two bowls seem like some variety would be nice.

4. A better perceived bowl  and better payout.

5. Too early before people are set for bowls

6. Set During graduation 

7. Last full weekend before Christmas for shopping

8. Scheduled the weekend when most company christmas/holiday parties are scheduled

9. A step backward playing in a Belt bowl

10. We are playing in a bowl we are expected to win, against a team we could easily lose to.  So if we win no glory if we lose we lost to the crappy belt. 

11. I am have no intention of going to this crappy bowl.

This is the worst think I have seen in a while, is RV around? 

+1 and totally agree on all of these

• Downvote 2

4 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

Looks like a list that #OldDenton would make and then use as an excuse.

#NewDenton is shiny, and new, and kickass, to the max, and new.

Seems exact reverse to me settling for the sunbelt bowl? Not wanting better.

9 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

How's that NO Bowl invite looking now?

Southern Miss, a team we beat will get to play Florida State in the Independence. Yes, fan morale and turn out will certainly be low for our NO Bowl appearance.

North Texas could and probably would have traveled somewhere between 25K-35K strong for this match up.

Edited by Side Show Joe
  • Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 5

2 minutes ago, Side Show Joe said:

Southern Miss, a team we beat will get to play Florida State in the Independence. Yes, fan morale and turn out will certainly be low for our NO Bowl appearance.

Lol looks terrible..

LOL east and west champs get SBC/Mac match ups.. We definitely settled for less.. #OldDenton

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Side Show Joe said:

It sounds like you sure hope so.  

Grandpa always said to hope in one hand and shit in the other and let him know which one fills up first.  Let's see what comes out in the next few days.  I would have gone to both.  Already booked to NOLA, so at least 4 people with be there.  #beatTroy

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

1 minute ago, Quoner said:

Wren Baker can eat my butt for not building a time machine and closing a gap of more than two decades of proven fan bowl travel and better historical results for this program!

Sarcasm and wit are no substitute for cold hard facts. Our leadership failed us today. That is the truth.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 7

7 minutes ago, Side Show Joe said:

Yes, fan morale and turn out will certainly be low for our NO Bowl appearance.

They said the same when we went 5-6 and got into the 1st NO Bowl.  We turned Bourbon Street green.  

I would hope every fan would want the same to happen this time, instead of wanting to spite the program because they didn't get what they wanted.  

Just now, TreeFiddy said:

It sounds like you sure hope so.  

Grandpa always said to hope in one hand and shit in the other and let him know which one fills up first.  Let's see what comes out in the next few days.  I would have gone to both.  Already booked to NOLA, so at least 4 people with be there.  #beatTroy

No I don't hope for that. It would look terrible. But it is what I expect. I'm just being honest about this debacle.

Just now, Side Show Joe said:

No I don't hope for that. It would look terrible. But it is what I expect. I'm just being honest about this debacle.

Going to the bowl game you don't want to go go to is a debacle?  I thought a debacle was the complete butt whipping Portland State laid on us two years ago.

This seems like progress to me, not a debacle.  

Just now, Side Show Joe said:

Sarcasm and wit are no substitute for cold hard facts. Our leadership failed us today. That is the truth.

The bowl wanted USM for their profile and bigger profile. How do you fix that if you were a leader here? This choice sucks for me because I can no longer go, but outside of dismantling the bowl system, I don't know how to change it.

There are plenty of valid criticisms for our AD overall still, but the same 5 people puking wishes all over a forum with no backing is not fun. If I am wrong on why I think USM got picked, I also welcome a rebuttal.