Texas Tech

NM Green

11 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

Apparently on the Longhorn network postgame show, Ricky Williams threw some shade at our beloved university in saying that Texas was out there celebrating a 6 win season like they were UNT. Sorry Ricky, we got to six wins two wins ago. 

LOL, no pub is bad pub?

Tech would be the most potent offense our guys would play all year. Our defense is barely keeping us in games in our conference.  Look how many games they barely won. I think I would want a team with less speed at WR. It is a fun idea but I just don't know... 

P.S. Douche U aka Texas Tech can kiss my ass. 

Edited by North Texas Shep
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, North Texas Shep said:

Tech would be the most potent offense our guys would play all year. Our defense is barely keeping us in games in our conference.  Look how many games they barely won. I think I would want a team with less speed at WR. It is a fun idea but I just don't know... 

P.S. Douche U aka Texas Tech can kiss my ass. 

I don't think we match up well. Thier WR's against our DB's could be a challenge. Their D has been improving, led by their DB's

16 minutes ago, Green Mean said:

Would TT really want to play us in a bowl game? That said I want a bowl game that is super winnable for us.  IMO it's better to win your bowl game that gets us to 10 or 11 wins against a G5 opponent than losing and potentially losing badly to a P5 such as a TT.  

I think they would because that bowl would be in DFW where they'll have a great turnout just like us, plus they barely made it to 6 wins -- they should be happy they made a bowl at all. And maybe they need that "winnable" game to get as much momentum for their program as they can.

2 minutes ago, diehardUNTfan said:

I just don't understand how we would go back to HOD bowl again. We went 5-7 last year. We are currently 9-3, and are much improved. Playing local would be great but we deserve a better bowl.  

I get where you are coming from but we are trying to build a fanbase.  Having a game in Bahamas would be great for the team and coaches but not many of our fans could afford to go.  The turnout in the past two HOD bowl games has been terrific.  I feel like we have to have a bowl game that is close enough to where our fans can get there at a reasonable cost.

1 minute ago, Harry said:

I get where you are coming from but we are trying to build a fanbase.  Having a game in Bahamas would be great for the team and coaches but not many of our fans could afford to go.  The turnout in the past two HOD bowl games has been terrific.  I feel like we have to have a bowl game that is close enough to where our fans can get there at a reasonable cost.

No I understand where you are coming from but if we can't have fans travel to Shreveport ( roughly 3 hours ) for a bowl game then that's a major issue.