Mean Green Mania - Aug 2

brooks91

6 hours ago, THOR said:

i'll be there in the morning

And depending on the price of beer, I imagine you'll be there through the afternoon and well into the evening as well. 

I think I'm gonna be able to make it up sometime in the afternoon.  I decided I want to pick up my tickets in person so if anything is missing I can remedy it on site (I hope) instead of through phone calls with some kid calling me a liar.  (Yeah, I still got a bitter taste in my mouth from the bowl game and pretty much every year of season tickets before that.  So sue me.) 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 2

I just got back (12:30).  If you can get there, go.  I saw lots of Green friends and they had tables set out to visit.  Brisket sliders and hot dogs, and nachos, and ice cream.  Lots of fun.  Oh yeah, and I got my tickets.  I was asked to look over them to make sure they right.  They were.  I also got the low down on the end zone pavilions.  They will sit up to 30 people.  Included are misters (as opposed to mrs's) and  food cooked on site.  There will be 2 so far, as I was told.

Go if you can.

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 4:04 PM, MGNation92 said:

Lol right?

Come see us at 9 am on Wednesday of next week!

Only people that will be there are all the retired folks

Absolutely NOT true when I was there today.  Sure...several of us "old codgers" there, of course, but a very good many employed folks as well...chatted with some who came up from Dallas and some from Tarrant county as a matter of fact...and some that work in Dallas but live in southern Denton County.  Know a guy driving up from Dallas County after work to be there by 6:30pm and happy hour.

Look, I get that this doesn't work for everyone, but they are trying new things at different times and days to see what works.  They wanted both Seth and Wren there...they had to work around their schedules and the team practice schedule.  No doubt not everyone could make it...heck, if it were Saturday there would be plenty of other conflicts from weddings to family events to kids sports to funerals to dinner parties to kid birthday parties to charity events to professional sports and on and on.  There really is NEVER a perfect date and time.  But, let's see how the attendance goes and what the response is to this event before we just start knocking the idea because your schedule doesn't accommodate the date/time.  It runs from 8:00am to 8:00pm.  Time for even working stiffs to get there if they live in Denton, Collin, Tarrant, Dallas Counties, etc. if they want to attend.

Not perfect, I get that, but can we for once just wait to see if this is successful, at all, before the "wrinkled $100 bill folks" start the usual stuff? If it is a poorly attended event, chances are it will be reviewed and changed or dropped.  This new group is trying...let's give them a chance to see what works and what doesn't. 

Really sorry that this scheduling did not work out better for you and others...it really was enjoyable and decently attended when I was there.  The new ticket presentation package is great by the way.

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 7
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 3

I went from about 8:45 until a little after 12:00. I thought there was a nice crowd. Watched practice, ate a couple of the brisket sliders, picked up my tickets,  and even got to chat with a couple of players. Didn't stick around for the WB or SL speeches. Was told by a staffer that the end zone cabanas were sold out. 

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 2

8 minutes ago, UNTFan23 said:

Hopefully when I go to pick up my tickets I can renew my MBB/WBB tickets.

I saw another person doing that, so fingers crossed you can as well.  Ticket office was open and operating when I was there.  Saw your Dad there and was good to see he made it home OK!

• Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

they are also giving a free t-shirt for every season ticket you buy.  I didnt buy a t-shirt because I don't know what 50 shades of green we will be.  The uniforms were not on display.  would have a great time to let us see the new uniforms. I did hear someone from the ticket office say that we will have 4 different helmets . 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

4 hours ago, @UNTSportsFan said:

Small crowd this morning, but nice little event. I Enjoyed a couple hours of practice... really excited about Chumley's role in this offense... I did notice TJ Tauaalo was not out there, hopefully nothing serious 

He pulled a hammy i believe in the spring game, not saying that it is that but with him being one of the older guys on defense give him time to ease himself in and give the reps to English since it has been so long for him since he played last, and to give reps to the younger guys now. 

54 minutes ago, LETitFLYguy said:

Have you tried driving from Dallas to Denton or Fort Worth to Denton lately?

There are four lanes northbound open most of the way until you get to Corinth.  I made it from Bush to Denton in about 40 minutes; better than I can remember.

I loved the way that the practice was organized.  There was no standing around and the receiving lines only had a few players in each.  There were lots of varied routes and very few drops.  The energy and the speed of the players was notable.  Of course, without full pads this practice was mostly about quarterbacks, receivers and defensive backs.  Plenty of good plays on both sides of the ball.  

I don't know that Baker or Littrell spoke when scheduled but Wren worked the crowd and talked to most present from about 11:20 to 12:00.  He said that the IPF was doing well finding donors and he would expect an announcement this fall.  The plans are nearing finalization.

Several of the players came to the concourse and mingled with the crowd.  I talked with Christian Hosley, Jordan Murray, and Quinn Shanbour...good personable people all.  I asked Murray about the offensive line and he believes that the offensive line, especially the starting line, will do well.  I asked him what position that he would play and he said that that wouldn't be determined until the third week.  

Throw in good conversation with old friends and it was an enjoyable experience.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, GrayEagle said:

I don't know that Baker or Littrell spoke when scheduled but Wren worked the crowd and talked to most present from about 11:20 to 12:00.  He said that the IPF was doing well finding donors and he would expect an announcement this fall.  The plans are nearing finalization.

Know its doubtful but will ask it anyone since it has not been formally announced or anything.. Did WB have any idea on the time-table for the IPF to be built and the Athletic Center expanded?

• Lovely Take 1

I drove 117 miles and got there by noon to hear Littrell and Baker speak. Due to road construction traffic, I walked into Apogee about 11:55 am. Just in time to jump in line and get my tickets, which I'm very impressed with (Wonderful packaging and first rate). While getting my tickets, I was able to watch Lettrell leave. I never saw Baker. I understand Littrell has some family matters going on, and I understand. His family should come first. It just would have been nice if the athletic department had a coach or administrator there to speak at the time they scheduled. Aside from that, I applaud the athletic department for trying something new. I think all that attended were glad they went.

Like I said the ticket packaging looked great. Everything was correct in my package. The free t-shirt was a nice touch. The schedule posters looked great. I got a free yard sign. And the ticket staff was very kind and helpful. I really had a wonderful time. It was great to see KRAM and meangreentexan again. And, it was nice to meet greenjoe. If the athletic department hosts another Mean Green Mania event next season, I will attend again. Go Mean Green!!!

Edited by Side Show Joe
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

The express lanes are awesome!  I made it from smu area to Denton in 40 minutes express all the way from LBJ near central to the other side of the lake at 6pm 6pm 6pm!  

I can never remember traveling that far that fast with no interruptions.  This fall is going to be awesome! 

Go Mean Green!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

VERY nice setup. I was in and out in about 20 minutes. I would have liked to stay and mingle but there were zombies lurking at Eagle Gun Range and I had to get there to reinforce the troops by putting some lead downrange. If I had hung around for Happy Hour I would have violated range rules. The ticket package was correct and very snazzy! It raises hope for the seatbacks. The folks working the tables were friendly and acted like they wanted to be there. I was able to gather all the abundant freebies and get headed back south to kill zombies without delay.  Again, this was a very well done event and I was impressed.  Congratulations to all who made it happen!

• Upvote 1