Turn down the invite

emmitt01

1 hour ago, MCMLXXX said:

Aren't you the same guy that showed up in New Orleans, for a 5-7 team that lost the bowl, all pimped out in a fuzzy lime green jacket etc. For half of that season you were calling for Dickie to be fired even with your good buddy Ramon Flanigan as OC.

The best thing that has come out of this thread is the return of El Guapo.

Take the offer if it comes.

That 5-7 team was a CONFERENCE CHAMPION.  

Amd, if you think Flanigan was my buddy, your credibility is already shot

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 4

6 minutes ago, shaft said:

The Nova Home Loan Arizona Bowl, in Tucson, AZ is on Dec. 30 vs. a MWC or SBC.

15 extra practices spread over the month of December.  Might be exactly what this team needs.

13.5 hour drive from Denton.

I think that 13.5 hours is pretty generous.  When I was in school and my folks were in AZ, I made the drive.  I think it's probably more around 15.

Edited by CMJ

25 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

So... what exactly is there to do in Tuscon?

vLlruTx.gif

Well, if you have a rental car, drive 1 1/2 hours to Sierra Vista and see the museums at Ft. Huachuca. It was the home of the Buffalo Soldiers and there is great history. It is also an electronic surveillance/warfare post and there are great displays on military intelligence history. Or, you could go a tad further afield (same general direction from Tucson) and visit Tombstone.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

That 5-7 team was a CONFERENCE CHAMPION.  

Amd, if you think Flanigan was my buddy, your credibility is already shot

He did call you Coach, right? Your disagreement with Flanagans coaching is well known.

We were in fact Conference Co Champions with  an 8-3 Middle Tennessee team that beat an SEC team, destroyed Troy, lost to LSU and Mississippi, and did not go to a bowl. We went to the bowl on a head to head victory. We could in fact have declined and let them in. I saw several MTSU fans who had already booked New Orleans trip and they would chant "MTSU we got screwed we got screwed."

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

3 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

So if we make it to a Bowl game do we thank RV and Mac?????

Exactly what I was going to post IF we made it to a bowl.

Nobody wants to admit it, but you have to give McCarney credit for this bowl invitation, if one is coming. He may not have recruited the most talented athletes, but he did recruit smart kids.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

Hell yeah...I wouldn't turn down an all expenses paid free trip to the Bahamas or anywhere-else-USA either.

Rick

Don't let people fool you, I doubt CUSA would be able to foot the full bill to fly our entire team etc out there all expenses paid.  The AD will undoubtedly have to pay for alot of stuff.  I still say you don't turn it down.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

31 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

Don't let people fool you, I doubt CUSA would be able to foot the full bill to fly our entire team etc out there all expenses paid.  The Athletic Department/University of North Texas will undoubtedly have to pay for alot of stuff.  I still say you don't turn it down.  

FIFY.  And yes I agree.  I wouldn't turn it down either.

Hell, I got a free ticket and an enjoyable ride to Ford Field to watch that beautiful Navy triple option kick the peruna out of SMU today.  It's in the middle of crowded hell known as Dallas...but when you don't have to pay or drive to go...you go.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2