2 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

It looks like Seth has put together a really good staff. They are learning and seem to be willing to make the changes and tweaks needed week after week. Now I just want other schools to stay away from our Defensive Coordinators.

Or all of our coaches in general. They are already hot commodities. Imagine if they turn this thing around and we have back to back bowl seasons. Most of them would be picked up by larger programs. I wouldn't mind moving Harrel to head coach if Littrell ever left, but handed are many of them leave at once if we start to get hot.

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Or all of our coaches in general. They are already hot commodities. Imagine if they turn this thing around and we have back to back bowl seasons. Most of them would be picked up by larger programs. I wouldn't mind moving Harrel to head coach if Littrell ever left, but handed are many of them leave at once if we start to get hot.

Harrel to HC would not be a good move. Ekeler on the other hand, and keeping reffett at dc would be best cade scenario should OU or OSU open up in the next 3 years. I dont think Littrell leaves for anything outside the top half of P5 jobs. Keeping ekeler will be a challenge though. 

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 2

11 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Have to trust Wren Baker will make the right hire when the time comes. 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, MeanGreen13 said:

Harrel to HC would not be a good move. Ekeler on the other hand, and keeping reffett at dc would be best cade scenario should OU or OSU open up in the next 3 years. I dont think Littrell leaves for anything outside the top half of P5 jobs. Keeping ekeler will be a challenge though. 

True.. Good D coach and a very good recruiter!!! We have success we will loose Asst coaches before the head coach! 

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, Andrew said:

I got to say that Harrel stil has to prove a thing or two, before I see him as an FBS head coach. Today was the offenses best performance, but I think he still might have to grow a bit. A year or two down the road, I'd feel different I hope. So lets hope we keep everyone at least until 2017 is over.

Also, I am pumped about this win, but its not yet quite time to up coaches contracts. Currently things are looking like they are moving nicely in the right direction. That said, I'd want to see at least one full recruiting class and a win over a team with a better than .500 record before I really start fretting about losing the coaches.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 2

Love the chemistry and overall teaching aspect.  There are a ton of guys out there with x-and-os in their head but they don't know how to convey it to college kids.

Every staff I've ever seen has had some flaws, similar to the current concerns voiced over Harrell, but we're getting it done.  The potential here with this staff is exciting, and - quite honestly - refreshing.  GMG

12 hours ago, MeanGreen13 said:

Ek has done an amazing job and I wouldn't be surprised to see continued improvement this season and that could/should make him a hot coaching commodity.

Edited by Army of Dad
  • Upvote 2

We have this new thing now called I like called an Athletic Department, its still new and all, but even after 2 months or so you can see a real impact!  

I think Wren and his Crew will have the opportunity evaluate and get the pay and budgets up for our football program in such a way where we can keep quality assistants here in the near future to a much better degree. I imagine that a rebuild of the Basketball staff is underworks already and will be rebuilt for Christmas time.

An episode lf BTG explains why Ekeler is living in a Winnebago and his family is in Georgia and it has nothing to do with wanting to move along.

I hope our coaches aren't loose, but I would expect a year or two of continued success would have others sniffing around resulting in the possibility that we may lose an assistant.

On 10/8/2016 at 11:13 PM, outoftown said:

I got to say that Harrel stil has to prove a thing or two, before I see him as an FBS head coach. Today was the offenses best performance, but I think he still might have to grow a bit. A year or two down the road, I'd feel different I hope. So lets hope we keep everyone at least until 2017 is over.

Also, I am pumped about this win, but its not yet quite time to up coaches contracts. Currently things are looking like they are moving nicely in the right direction. That said, I'd want to see at least one full recruiting class and a win over a team with a better than .500 record before I really start fretting about losing the coaches.

I agree, we have fans going ape sh*t over nothing yet. We have 3 wins, 1 over an FCS team, 1 over a winless Rice Team, and 1 over a 1 win Marshall team (lone victory over an FCS team). Guarantee you that nobody is looking at picking off anyone from our staff yet. As much as our defense has improved, look at every single statistical ranking. Again, we arent losing anyone anytime soon. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2