Florida Game Score Prediction Thread

Eagle-96

11 minutes ago, Mean_Green09 said:

For those of you who predicted UNT to score 20 or more points

You think that this offense led by a 5'10 true freshman QB whose shown no dynamic ability in the pass game IS about to score 20 points against an SEC defense? A defense that is one of the best in the country. That has a tremendous secondary and DL. 

Our non explosive offense is going to march down the field on these guys? 

Our offense is more steady than explosive and it's hard to sustain long drives against a D like that.

If Mason Fine was a 5 star QB with NFL caliber talent I could see that happening. You just don't go into these kinda of games with below avg WRs and a OL that can't pass block and expect to score a lot of points. 

True FR QB led teams at G5 schools don't beat ranked teams on the road and they rarely look good. 

Our best hope is for our defense to play steady and keep it close. Their offense is not that explosive. 

If we win it will be with scores in the teens. 

Our saving grace may be they have a huge matchup next week vs ranked Tennessee. So no matter what their coaches preach to them they won't focus on us. 

You think that this offense led by a 5'10 true freshman QB whose shown no dynamic ability in the pass game IS about to score 20 points against an SEC defense? A defense that is one of the best in the country. That has a tremendous secondary and DL. 

Our offense is more steady than explosive and it's hard to sustain long drives against a D like that.

If Mason Fine was a 5 star QB with NFL caliber talent I could see that happening. You just don't go into these kinda of games with below avg WRs and a OL that can't pass block and expect to score a lot of points. 

True FR QB led teams at G5 schools don't beat ranked teams on the road and they rarely look good. 

Our best hope is for our defense to play steady and keep it close. Their offense is not that explosive. 

Our saving grace may be they have a huge matchup next week vs ranked Tennessee. So no matter what their coaches preach to them they won't focus on us. 

Just like you said before

11 minutes ago, Mean_Green09 said:

Just like you said before

Wow. How'd you do that?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mean_Green09 said:

As the stock brokers say, "past performance does not necessarily predict future performance". I sense our offense is about to sync up and when they do they are going to go off on somebody.  Maybe this is the week...maybe not.

Edited by EagleMBA
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

That gator defense is stout.  I'll would be very happy with the offense getting double digit points.  If the offense can get to twenty then i'll change my season outlook to 4 wins.  If we win the game I'll know it's time to stop drinking absinthe before bed.  

Just make sure we get out healthy and the check clears.  SL might build this program to the level that P5 schools regret scheduling us, but we're not there yet.  

Since everyone is comparing Fine to Hall, I'll go back to Hall's freshman year for comparison.  We played #4 Kansas St on the road that year and got beat 55-10.  I'll go with the same score this weekend against Florida.

Oh, and Fine is not Hall.  He definitely has the field general and team motivator intangibles that Hall had, though.  Will be fun watching him develop...but we've got to get some dang skill players that can get past the defense and break plays before it's going to be a fair comparison.  

Edited by TIgreen01

49-17 Florida. Something like that. I think it will look a lot like LSU vs us or us vs Bethune-Cookman. They won't need to throw the ball a ton, and once they get up on us they'll just be content grinding away on the ground. 

We might get a garbage time score or two to put us in the 20s. 

49-17 Florida. Something like that. I think it will look a lot like LSU vs us or us vs Bethune-Cookman. They won't need to throw the ball a ton, and once they get up on us they'll just be content grinding away on the ground. 

We might get a garbage time score or two to put us in the 20s. 

Reaching double digits on this end of the scoreboard would be an accomplishment. This is currently the #1 defense in the SEC with NFL players at all levels. IF the line can block for any sustained period of time, the the WR corps has to win against the guy covering him. This didn't happen at Bethune Cookman (hence the poor stat line in the passing game), and it's doubtful here.

I'd bet our defense plays their tails off early, and a lack of depth finally catches up in the third quarter.

Prediction is:

UF - 34

NT - 10

• Upvote 1

On 9/12/2016 at 7:49 PM, GreenTexan13 said:

Didn't FAU almost beat them last year? Not that it matters in our case, I guess.

I'll say...

swamp ass 53

Mean Green 14

Yeah, the UF/FAU game last year went into overtime before Florida won it. I was rooting for FAU so hard and they had the opportunity to win it but didn't capitalize. FAU was way better than UNT last year, but I still don't remember them having a spectacular season overall...

Sagarin predicts Florida to win by 38 if I remember my math from this morning.  I'd like to think that we score ten points.  That would make me happy, and would probably eclipse total offense through the first five games last year.  Ergo, ipso facto, therefore:

Fla: 48

UNT: 10

Mac:  One big assed ring and a triple vodka tonic.