Advice for first game at Apogee

cjones

Just now, cjones said:

Looking for any advice for Gameday Saturday.  Going to my first game at Apogee.  Any tailgate recommendations to go to?  Parking?  How early should you arrive?   What's the traffic like before and after the game? stuff like that.  Thanks! GMG!

Tailgating can be anywhere. There is a pass required to go over the interstate with your car to tailgate. The old fouts parking lot can be used to tailgate without a pass. If you're on foot you can walk the pedestrian bridge and tailgate with whomever. Traffic is heavier, but manageable. Granted there is much more construction around Apogee than ever before. If you're bring your own getup for tailgating I recommend the old fouts lot at this point. If you're just walking then park at the old fouts field and walk across 35 and tailgate with whoever. Arrive whatever time you like. Some get there early, most get there around noon. Don't miss the players/band walk through the primary tailgate area 2 hrs prior to kickoff. 

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, cjones said:

Looking for any advice for Gameday Saturday.  Going to my first game at Apogee.  Any tailgate recommendations to go to?  Parking?  How early should you arrive?   What's the traffic like before and after the game? stuff like that.  Thanks! GMG!

When I parked at Fouts it was $10, not sure now if it has changed. It was a breeze to just walk over the pedestrian bridge.

Edited by Aldo
  • Upvote 3

Wear GREEN. If it is your first one, be sure to walk the area to get a feel for what and where before you settle in one spot or find one group. Be outgoing, you are among friends. The traffic will always be a clusterf so arrive early and stay later, if possible. Take the advice of the dudes who posted above me. Most important, whatever you do, get to your seat before kickoff because we're going to need all the fan support we can muster for our troops.

Edited by EagleMBA
  • Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, Travis said:

Your name makes me wish we had C. Hitman Jones back as one of our safeties.

That was a scary dude for WR and RB's.  He dislodged the ball with a thunderbolt when New Mexico St was running the clock out on us.  6-8 plays later we win on a last second Hall Hail Mary in what has become known as "The Miracle In The Desert".

Rick

• Upvote 7

3 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

If you wanna save $10 park in the residential area on the same side of the Interstate as Apogee. If you get there early enough it'll be the same walk as it is from Fouts. But PARK FACING THE RIGHT WAY OR YOU'RE OUT $75...

This may not be a good idea: http://www.gomeangreen.com/forums/topic/99881-deniugh/

13 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

If you wanna save $10 park in the residential area on the same side of the Interstate as Apogee. If you get there early enough it'll be the same walk as it is from Fouts. But PARK FACING THE RIGHT WAY OR YOU'RE OUT $75...

10 hours ago, Stix said:

7 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

This is a thing? There was still plenty of cars lined up on those streets last season.

Yeah, Denia worked with the city to protect themselves when Apogee opened. They all have permits.

• Upvote 1

Remember to stop every now and again to take it all in. You only get ONE home opener a year and it is a thing of beauty. Take pictures. Talk to your fellow Eagle tailgaters(they're on your side and I promise they will be friendly). It's ok to rib Pony tailgaters and give them a hard time but there's never a reason to be rude. They are our guests. If you don't know them already, learn the words to "Fight, North Texas" and "Glory To The Green And White". SING THEM PROUDLY when the times come.

https://125.unt.edu/traditions

GMG

Beat smooooooooooooo

• Upvote 5

Will also be my first game at Apogee.  Question:  Heard that Roosters is a great restaurant there in Denton.  If anyone is familiar with it, how bad is the pregame crowd?  If we get there by 4:00, any chance at making it to the game for kickoff at 6:00?   If not Roosters, any other recommended pre-game restaurants?  Appreciate the guidance.

• Upvote 1

Get there early for the game and enjoy that unique smell that is Football Season Tailgating. Then after the game you might hang out in parking lot for a while because traffic usually sucks getting out.

Walk the hill and check out all the Frat/Sororities that are up on the hill and be sure not to miss the marching band leading the players into the stadium.

Dont feel like you have to binge drink in the parking lot before the game because they serve Cold Beer inside the stadium. If you didnt get your fill from great tailgate food in the parking lot, dont you worry because with the newly upgraded concession stands inside the stadium, you are sure to walk away happy. If you are not already wearing green (Shame on you) go visit the one of two Apogee Stores that sell all sorts of UNT apparel

Yell Like Hell and Go Mean Green

• Upvote 1