Baylor Still Not Responding

UNTLifer

Outside the Lines reported that federal law requires a university investigation of allegations of sexualassault but found no evidence Baylor acted.

This has bothered me for some time. In the world that I grew up in, when a woman said she was raped the REAL LOCAL cops did the investigation and didn't bother giving the school the option of looking at it first. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Article is graphic: 

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/14675790/baylor-officials-accused-failing-investigate-sexual-assaults-fully-adequately-providing-support-alleged-victims

I think the part that bothers me the most are the quotes. "There is nothing we can do because the assault happened off campus"

Christian in name only. They clearly worship the almighty dollar over anything else.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

This is not looking good.  

FSU just settle, but it needs to be a suit for big big bucks! That scholarships were reduced and they had to transfer is pathetic! Private schools like SMU and Baylor should be prosecuted for criminal activity! Briles had to know!

Hatchet piece coming out days before NSD. Baylor just happens to have the highest rated Big12 class. I'm sure that didn't have anything to do with the timing of the story though. Who should the onus be on here? Baylor for letting the legal process play out? Or Waco police for allowing a serial rapist to walk free? If an employee at Ryan and Co rapes six people because he isn't incarcerated, people don't go asking for Brint's head. This article was meant to do someone's bidding and I'd look south down I-35.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

22 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Hatchet piece coming out days before NSD. Baylor just happens to have the highest rated Big12 class. I'm sure that didn't have anything to do with the timing of the story though. Who should the onus be on here? Baylor for letting the legal process play out? Or Waco police for allowing a serial rapist to walk free? If an employee at Ryan and Co rapes six people because he isn't incarcerated, people don't go asking for Brint's head. This article was meant to do someone's bidding and I'd look south down I-35.

I would agree but this story has been out for a while now. First time I heard about it was during the football season but I guess it was buried and forgotten about. ESPN just brought the light back, as it should be. 

• Upvote 2

Here is the short story ESPN (owners of the Longhorn Network) put up about former UT player Kendall Sanders' rape acquittal.

AUSTIN, Texas -- A former Texas football player has been acquitted of sexual assault of a female student in a campus dorm room.

Kendall Sanders was kicked off the Longhorns after he and teammate Montrel Meander were arrested in July 2014.

A jury of eight men and four women deliberated for more than four hours Thursday and Friday before delivering its verdict, the Austin American-Statesman reported. Sanders had faced two to 20 years in prison if convicted.

In closing arguments, Sanders' attorney said the accuser gave more than 30 inconsistent statements, including initially telling investigators that Sanders had stopped having sex with her when she told him to.

Meander still faces a felony sex assault charge from the alleged attack.

They leave out the parts that they'd have left in for Baylor, NT, Tech, or TCU like the below.

Among the five holdouts was Jeff Bagley, who told the Statesman that insufficient evidence stood as a roadblock to finding Sanders guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

“Not guilty was the right verdict,” Bagley said. “I do think there was a general consensus, or at least from quite a few jurors, that the rape did occur even if there wasn’t enough evidence. We kind of got stuck there.”

Juror Mitchell Herd, who was undecided to begin the day, said the jury was convinced Sanders had sex with a UT female student on the morning of June 21, 2014, but that it was unclear if the woman had given her consent. In her initial statements to police, the woman said Sanders had quit having sex with her when she commanded him to stop. Yet during her testimony at trial, the woman changed course and said Sanders told her she could leave when he was finished with the act. That was among 37 inconsistencies the defense detailed during closing arguments.

“There was no other decision to be made,” Herd said. “That was the absolute right decision to be made. We’re not happy because we know he’s not innocent; he did take advantage of a very drunk girl in a dorm room in the middle of the night. We know that morally he did something very wrong; we all agree on that. But lawfully we couldn’t convict him.”

He has already been approached by UH to continue his player career for the Coogs. There is no uproar on ESPN about UH pursing someone who got away with rape due to lack of evidence though. I guess they don't want to soil Tom Herman's career just yet since they look for him to take over in Austin once Strong gets canned.

Edited by Cr1028

Just now, Cerebus said:

SIX women have come forward to claim they were raped and Baylor says they can't do anything about it?   It's only until the 7th woman finally reports him not to the University, but to Waco PD that he gets suspended?

It appears that Baylor has hired their own investigator to look into the allegations and provide their Chancellor/President/BOR with a report of their findings.

1 hour ago, Cr1028 said:

Part of this is due to the fact that Baylor's UPD is refusing to share their information gathered during their investigation. State legislature has made any form of Title IX investigation free game for FOI's, including at private institutions. Baylor's UPD is refusing and they re now going through the legal process. Because of this and the complete refusal by Baylor to allow anyone to be interviewed that was actually involved in the process, ESPN has instead decided to hit Baylor where it hurts...

Either you play ball with the media when you completely screw up like this or the press gets their pound of flesh in ways your never would expect. The idea that this has anything to do with anyone except the hubris shown by Baylor just shows a projection on your part and not a grand conspiracy by anyone else.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, Quoner said:

I thought Ken Starr was all for finding out the truth whenever two people have sex no matter the cost or time involved.

He did and his investigation included were women that had been groped and sexually assaulted . Unfortunately many of the women victims were harassed by those who did not want the truth to come out. 

10 hours ago, Danish43 said:

He did and his investigation included were women that had been groped and sexually assaulted . Unfortunately many of the women victims were harassed by those who did not want the truth to come out. 

Sucks that the school he is in charge of would hold him back like that...

Edited by Quoner

19 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

Here is the short story ESPN (owners of the Longhorn Network) put up about former UT player Kendall Sanders' rape acquittal.

They leave out the parts that they'd have left in for Baylor, NT, Tech, or TCU like the below.

He has already been approached by UH to continue his player career for the Coogs. There is no uproar on ESPN about UH pursing someone who got away with rape due to lack of evidence though. I guess they don't want to soil Tom Herman's career just yet since they look for him to take over in Austin once Strong gets canned.

I think the big difference in these two situations is one, Sander's, was having sex with a  young woman that obviously did not object until the act was in session.  She then asked him to stop.  At Baylor, we have a player that has multiple accusers, seven, stating he flat out raped them.  To me, this constitutes a serial rapist, with the most shocking part being that Baylor, the coaching staff and the student services put in place to help with a situation such as this, all turned a blind eye towards this situation.

Yes, this is the UNT fan board, but we just lost a potential DT recruit to them.  Maybe he will have second thoughts.  Maybe this doesn't bother him, in which case, I don't want him on my team.

35 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Yes, this is the UNT fan board, but we just lost a potential DT recruit to them.  Maybe he will have second thoughts.  Maybe this doesn't bother him, in which case, I don't want him on my team.

No he won't, and yes you do. 

Quite the stretch to make this UNT related, don't you think?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2