Maty Mauk dismissal

smithiniraq86

I know we have a ton of QB attention recently and we don't want to go all A&M by getting too many bodies for one position BUT it is our biggest need coming out of the last two years. This guy may not be someone we want to represent UNT but it probably would be worth a telephone call to see if he would be interested in Denton and bring him in as a preferred walk-on at the least.

Here are the highlights from the ESPN story:

"The Missouri Tigers on Thursday dismissed junior quarterback Maty Mauk from the football team for "violating team rules," new coach Barry Odom announced.

Odom said Thursday he met with Mauk in December and gave him a fresh start, but Missouri suspended Mauk again this week after a brief video was posted on social media. It shows a person believed to be Mauk appearing to snort a white, powderlike substance, and an accompanying tweet mentioned Mauk by name, but there was no confirmation from Missouri that the video was of him.

Mauk has a 17-5 record as Missouri's starter. In the four games he played last season, Mauk guided the Tigers to a 3-1 record and passed for 654 yards with six touchdowns and four interceptions."

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/14666830/missouri-tigers-dismiss-quarterback-maty-mauk-investigating-video

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, untjim1995 said:

I'd give him a chance. If he screws up, its his loss. If stays on the right path, though, you get a heckuva talent at the position on the field that we have sucked at recently.

This is right up Jerry Jones' alley! He likes to put up with that shit. Mauk needs to declare for the draft.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, EagleMBA said:

This is right up Jerry Jones' alley! He likes to put up with that shit. Mauk needs to declare for the draft.

He's not the first college kid to get into trouble for drugs, but maybe a new scene would help him get straightened out. I don't know why I am even arguing the point, though. Its incredibly doubtful that he will even look our way.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Got5onIt said:

Pass. 

No "puff, puff" first?

Seriously, what kind of idiot lets somebody get video of him snorting coke, let alone one who is likely to lose so much?

I agree about PWO.  He wants a place for a second chance, he has to prove he's willing to work for it and isn't showing up just for another college party in a different town.  He doesn't want that, screw him.  Pretty sad when you're a P5 QB with a decent record on the field, but 1-11 North Texas fans aren't interested in you.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, JesseMartin said:

No "puff, puff" first?

Seriously, what kind of idiot lets somebody get video of him snorting coke, let alone one who is likely to lose so much?

I agree about PWO.  He wants a place for a second chance, he has to prove he's willing to work for it and isn't showing up just for another college party in a different town.  He doesn't want that, screw him.  Pretty sad when you're a P5 QB with a decent record on the field, but 1-11 North Texas fans aren't interested in you.

I respect your opinion, but...this cat has had NUMEROUS chances, based on the different articles I read. Some people just cannot conform to the standards of conduct required of them in the position they find themselves. I think he is one of those. Additionally, the QB on most teams is looked to for leadership and stability. I would be uneasy if he was my quarterback.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JesseMartin said:

My only reason for thinking that this is different is that he hasn't had to work back from nothing to get those other chances.  But note that I had a heavy dose of "screw him" in there too :P

Yep. Noted! (note to self: read posts to which you wish to reply three times)

7 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

He's not the first college kid to get into trouble for drugs, but maybe a new scene would help him get straightened out. I don't know why I am even arguing the point, though. Its incredibly doubtful that he will even look our way.

I have encountered that theory of people coming to Denton to get cleaned up, but it seems strange.  I mean, it seems like there were a few weeks recently when the shit going down in Denton sounded like nothing could explain it better than an abundance of PCP.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JesseMartin said:

No "puff, puff" first?

People are obviously pretty slick with their phones these days, so watching your back is a smart thing to do unless you live the life of Mother Theresa. Some "friends" can be about as loyal as your average Facebook friend if they see an opportunity. Btw, I don't want anything to do with this guy as a leader. If he were a reformed 300 pound 4 star nose tackle I might give it a second thought.

• Upvote 1

I really hope Mason Fine turns into a great QB but after this season with Morris he is the only real talent we have so why not give this guy this guy an invite and see what he can do, I mean we can't be too picky with who we bring in and give another shot too.

I guess a better plan would be hope there will be Mini Mac part 2 coming down the pipeline.

These-Are-For-You-Rawls.jpg

• Downvote 2