'16 LB/DE La'Darius Hamilton Corrigan-Camden - SIGNED LOI

MGNation92

He will need to be coached up. I could tell he used his athleticism and size to make plays against the competition. Took several bad angles running to the football, but did appear to be a good tackler. However, he was tackling small qbs and running backs. That will change on the FBS level.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

From an eligibility standpoint, you're right. But redshirting is tough for some kids, going from playing every down for years to sitting out a whole season.

Throw in being the only kid from Florida on the team, and the fact that the first semester of college is the toughest, not playing can make the kid want to leave. If he's playing at least he's carving out a role on the team and wouldn't want to lose that progress by transferring.

This.

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

In a way, I don't mind. Sometimes with out of state kids, especially for us considering we don't have many, it's better to not redshirt. Let him play and he may be less likely to transfer right away. Only Florida kid on the team, and redshirting may make the transition here that much tougher.

With Ek coaching some very good linebackers at GA and being high energy (which many discount ) I really hope he can solidify a relationship with him this spring. When you look at new talent at Qb and linebacker it is exciting!

2 hours ago, GMG24 said:

DANG that kid is a good looking kid!! If you make Ekeler look small you BIG 

East Texas! Not to mention, with all due respect, I really doubt the S&C program at his school is anything comparable to what you see in the metroplex at the 5A/6A schools. 

That's a thing I love about these small-town East Texas kids. Their early gains in the weight room are usually substantially more than the kids over here whose coaches were already working them year round in the weight room. Most of these kids have to play every sport for their school and don't have much of an offseason program.

• Upvote 1

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 8:20 PM, BillySee58 said:

From an eligibility standpoint, you're right. But redshirting is tough for some kids, going from playing every down for years to sitting out a whole season.

Throw in being the only kid from Florida on the team, and the fact that the first semester of college is the toughest, not playing can make the kid want to leave. If he's playing at least he's carving out a role on the team and wouldn't want to lose that progress by transferring.

Any time you talk to parents of players, you get the same impression: they want their kid to be playing.  That makes me think that's what the players themselves want.  I have to think it's tough not playing on a team that's losing a lot.

• Upvote 1