'16 LB/DE La'Darius Hamilton Corrigan-Camden - SIGNED LOI

MGNation92

26 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

Why wouldn't he commit here?  It looks like it's down to us and three FCS schools.

Yeah, like, really. Another diva. These kids these day...They're just...the opposite word of smart. This dude could play for Peay Austin Valley State Tech of the Rolling Hills Math and Science School for the Blind and Deaf and I wouldn't care. 

• Downvote 14

14 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

Yeah, like, really. Another diva. These kids these day...They're just...the opposite word of smart. This dude could play for Peay Austin Valley State Tech of the Rolling Hills Math and Science School for the Blind and Deaf and I wouldn't care. 

He is 18 years old. Recruitment is a stressful time. Nothing wrong with him having fun with it. 

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, brooks91 said:

Someone tell that guy on twitter that's putting down UNT to check national program rankings before saying texas state is a better school.

I've been on there talking up UNT and denton. He's retweeted both of them so that's good. He also retweeted things about texas state. Besides the river I can't think of anything that would make me want to go there. So a resume has Univeristy of North Texas graduate and Texas State. I think you would pick UNT everytime.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, p_phelps said:

I've been on there talking up UNT and denton. He's retweeted both of them so that's good. He also retweeted things about texas state. Besides the river I can't think of anything that would make me want to go there. So a resume has Univeristy of North Texas graduate and Texas State. I think you would pick UNT everytime.

Would be awful if we lost this guy in the exact same way we lost Johnson... whom he appears to be friends with.
Johnson de-committed from Tulsa, flirted/committed to us, then went back to his original commitment.

I agree he is out "athlete-ing" a lot of mistakes.  He takes a bad angle but is fast enough to run the kid down, he is too upright but he is strong enough to make the play anyway.  

Still he is a beast.  He showed off good side to side movement and knew to use his hands to fight off blockers, something some HS defenders never get.  

He is raw, but give him two years in which he learns from his position coaches, hits the weight room, and studies film, and that kid is an All CUSA selection.

Hope we land him.

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, Withers940 said:

I wonder when Hambone is going to make his decision?

Looks like Hamilton will make his decision during an announcement at his high school on Wednesday according to his uncle on Twitter. @mr_ben84.

He asked a Lufkin reporter about Corrigan's schedule next season. The reporter responded that he will find out on Wednesday when he goes to the high school. mr_ben84 responded that "oh ok you will be there for my nephew @heavy_dreams_55 announcement."

The wait continues.

Edited by Eagle-96
  • Upvote 1