Littrell to be named UNT HC per Brett McMurphy

BillySee58

A great hire for this University.  I've been impressed with Coach Littrell since his name came up.  The only ones who won't like this hire will be other C-USA coaches and programs.  Thanks go out to everyone who worked so hard behind the scenes to make it happen.  GMG!

The only ones who won't like this hire will be other C-USA coaches and programs...

Not true, Harry.

There are several of us who wanted a proven head coach who has won in challenging circumstances.

I am glad we got our first choice, but I question if the first choice is the right choice. 

As do several others.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 27

Not true, Harry.

There are several of us who wanted a proven head coach who has won in challenging circumstances.

I am glad we got our first choice, but I question if the first choice is the right choice. 

As do several others.

I hope he was our first choice. Mac was a somewhat proven headcoach who had won in a difficult place and that didn't help. We got a proven offensive mind who will attract solid recruits. This is a good thing.

• Upvote 5

Not true, Harry.

As do several others.

Well let me put it like this... the C-USA coaches hoped and prayed we would keep with Mac.  His philosophy and recruiting made their lives very easy.

Now we can hopefully move most of the discussion to the assistance hire thread and the recruiting forum! I am so excited! 

I just graduated last year, and didn't have a chance to join MGC, but I will be this year and seriously considering season tickets!

Well let me put it like this... the C-USA coaches hoped and prayed we would keep with Mac.  His philosophy and recruiting made their lives very easy.

Harry, there will always be people that say "we should have hired the other coach".

• Upvote 2

I was hoping for that, too, but Seth Littrell is a step up from the coaches we've hired in the past in terms of his résumé. He has built exciting offenses at each stop in his career and has four years of Texas coaching experience (as a Texas Tech assistant) and an Oklahoma background that may help us bring some players across the Red River. It's a risk to go with someone young who has never been a head coach, but he's been an OC for five years and the numbers his teams have produced on that side of the ball are impressive. I won't say I'm 100% on board, but I like enough to stick around for next season despite the ass-whip of an AD who's still running the show.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Not true, Harry.

As do several others.

So ... Still #FireRV ???

• Upvote 4

So ... Still #FireRV ???

Fans should be concerned that Littrell won't have the best chance to succeed with RV around. He's got a way of doing things that has not produced success on the field and has not built a strong base of fan support. I think the best course of action is to pair the new leadership in football with new leadership at the AD position.

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 3