Womens Basketball, UNT 61 - OU 57 - final

ADLER

Hopefully tonight is an indication of how good a coach Jalie Mitchell will be for North Texas.

Great job ladies!

564a99b8e131f.image.png

From NewsOK:

Terra Ellison had a team-best 15 points for North Texas, which avenged last season's 68-39 loss to OU in Denton. She was 6 of 16 from the field, and three of her buckets were 3-pointers. 

Kelsey Criner added seven rebounds and seven assists for North Texas.

The Mean Green (1-1) led the entire game, allowing the Sooners to tie it just four times. North Texas led by a game-best 12 points midway through the second quarter.

Edited by ADLER
  • Upvote 1

So mitchell, in her second game, already has a better win than benford, peterson, dodge, mac, canales, ashton, and jones...damn...please don't let this be a shot in the dark...

let's double down on her salary keep her here!! 

• Upvote 1

Please explain your reasoning behind this post?

I think he is saying that maybe RV's hires aren't as bad as originally thought.

His hires in MBB: Jones-Good, Benford-Bad

WBB: Stevens-bad, Aston-good, Petersen-bad, Mitchell-so far so good

FB: Dodge-bad, McCarney-bad/good/bad

He seems to be .500 or just below. This next football hire could be the one that puts him above .500. I don't care if he is fired or not. I think the co-OC deal showed a complete lack of judgment but I can't write him off on one boneheaded mistake. If that were the case, I would've wanted him gone for letting Dickey coach out the remainder of 2006 after he was fired. That was probably the worst mistake he has ever made here in my eyes and he has been smart enough to not let it happen again.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3