How hot is McCarney's seat?

techdawg88

To the faithful and alum, his seat is boiling over. To our piss poor administration it's hour old bath water. Our OC is in the last year of his contract. That is scapegoat #1. Our AD is feeling the heat, but if history tells us anything he is very comfortable, somehow. People are not happy here. Apogee MIGHT see 10k fans in our season finale. 5k would be comic gold and I hope it happens. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

I'd assume it would take a lot to make him get another season in Denton or does his contract have too big of a buyout?

Can't really answer this question right now. There is still a lot of season left to play, and we don't really know how much losing our new president is willing to stomach. But, if we go out and lay an egg against Portland State in 2 weeks, Mac's seat might not be the only one that gets hot.

• Upvote 2

I'd assume it would take a lot to make him get another season in Denton or does his contract have too big of a buyout?

It's warm.  It's just comfortably warm.  

Imagine a blustery-cold winter's day in Ruston.  Then imagine you get in your car, and turn on the seat warmers.  It's kinda like that.  He's not going anywhere.

Now, the O.C., Canales?  His seat has already burned to the ground.  He's just standing around right now waiting for the hammer to drop.

It's warm.  It's just comfortably warm.  

Imagine a blustery-cold winter's day in Ruston.  Then imagine you get in your car, and turn on the seat warmers.  It's kinda like that.  He's not going anywhere.

Now, the O.C., Canales?  His seat has already burned to the ground.  He's just standing around right now waiting for the hammer to drop.

This made me laugh out loud. 

• Upvote 2

Trust me, it's a lot hotter than most think. Understandably, most of our fans are basing their opinions on how things used to be at UNT, but things have changed since Apogee was built and President Smatresk arrived. If we go 0-12 or 1-11, Mac won't be around next year.

• Upvote 1

Trust me, it's a lot hotter than most think. Understandably, most of our fans are basing their opinions on how things used to be at UNT, but things have changed since Apogee was built and President Smatresk arrived. If we go 0-12 or 1-11, Mac won't be around next year.

Silly man. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

How about 2-10???  I think that's the ceiling this year.

Not. A. Prayer. Of. This. Happening.

Benford proves otherwise!

• Upvote 1

Unless things have REALLY changed I bet Mac is fine for this season.  I can see the following happening:

2015:  2-10.  Mac returns because "we're really young and rebuilding".

2016: 5-7.  Just enough improvement that Mac gets another year.

2017: 7-5, bowl game.  Now he has one year left on his contract.  How much does it hurt recruiting if the coach is going into the final year of his contract?  Would we give him a token extension that we can get out of easily?  Hard imagine we'd sign him for another 5 years after only two winning seasons.  He'll about 64 years old ... would he want to keep coaching? 

2018:  ???  He never had more than 2 winning seasons in a row at ISU.