I hope we don't score a single point on Saturday

meangreen15

I don't see McCarney taking McNulty out for any reason vs Iowa, no matter how bad he plays or how much we're getting beat by.  I hope this team gets shut out and blown out so that Mac's hand may be forced moving forward if he wants to keep his job.  

I hear ya, but McNulty could lead us to zero points the rest of the way, and I feel confident that Mac would still be here next fall. And he knows it too. 

• Upvote 7

I don't see McCarney taking McNulty out for any reason vs Iowa, no matter how bad he plays or how much we're getting beat by.  I hope this team gets shut out and blown out so that Mac's hand may be forced moving forward if he wants to keep his job.  

I'm with you. I have found myself on the brink of rooting against UNT for the sake of something miraculous happening...like a firing. 

I hope we get slaughtered...52-0 kind of game. It's that bad here right now. You hear me President Smastrek...this is what it has come to. Thanks, RV. 

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 8

I'm with you. I have found myself on the brink of rooting against UNT for the sake of something miraculous happening...like a firing. 

I hope we get slaughtered...52-0 kind of game. It's that bad here right now. You hear me President Smastrek...this is what it has come to. Thanks, RV. 

If you think that the outcome of this game will mean somebody gets fired, then I think you don't really get how this works. If UTSA or UTEP do that, then heads may roll, but Iowa will not have that kind of result.

• Upvote 7

I hope you're wrong.

I'd love to be wrong and have us be competitive in this game.  But the last thing I want is for it to be a 38-17 game where we never really had a chance to win and all week long we hear Mac say "We did a lot of good things out there, Iowa is a good program, # 5 did a lot of good things out there, more generic coach speak" and nothing is changed for the rest of the season.  Bottom line is something needs to be changed.  We should not be this bad.  I'd gladly take a complete ass kicking in a money grab game if that means it'll shake up things around this program.  

• Upvote 3

I understand your feeling that a new blood will help things. But, we still have RV who, now looking back, doesn't really make the best hires. So, I have little hope in tomorrow.

Furthermore, complete and utter failure still wont bring a new HC in... You need not look far to see proof of that.... Benford. 

• Upvote 1

When I emerge from the "safe room" tomorrow and summon up the courage to check the score (per my plan) I will expect the worst but will hope for the very best for my team. One of these days, hopefully in my lifetime, there will be a phenomenal upset to the credit of the Mean Green. I will always root for that in my heart, even though my head keeps telling me that it ain't gonna' happen!

I have seen a lot of football in my life to date, Mean Green and otherwise, and have seen very unlikely shit happen on several occasions. You can hope for a little help from the other side, like Iowa looking forward to Wisconsin and overlooking us, wanting to protect and rest starters, etc. Unfortunately, my prediction of Them 55, Us 16 still stands.

• Upvote 1

I can assure all of you that if you want us to get crushed this season just to see Mac get fired, you'd be better off to just find another team to root for. Mac can go 0-12 this year and he isn't getting fired. It would take him winning less than 2 games in 2016 to even possibly get fired.

Don't spend your time rooting against your alma mater...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I just posted in the hometown thread about how I'm from Tennessee. Being from Tennessee, I'm a Titans fan. Last year we were awful, partially as a result of a lot of key injuries, as well as bad draft picks (re: Jake Locker). After a while it was clear we wouldn't have a good year. So what's the difference between 6-10 and 2-14? You go 2-14 and you get a chance at a franchise-changing QB. When I watch Mariota play and see all the buzz he has generated I think "man, it's a good thing we didn't win those meaningless games against Jacksonville and Cleveland."

Obviously pro and college is much different. You have the worst record in college and you probably get the worst recruits, not the first pick, so that gives much less incentive to root against your college team, especially if you're a fan who enjoys recruiting. But I understand the sentiment of wanting what's best for your team in the long run, and I don't think it's being a bad fan. That's my hso.