What Should Be The New ADs First Order Of Business

Eagle-96

Say.   The blueprints for Mean Green Stadium (now Apogee Stadium) included prewiring for a ribbon video board along the front lip of the club level seating.  Can we get that puppy put in place?  (Okay, maybe that shouldn't be the first order of business, but it'd be great to be there somewhere on the list.)

Edited by UNT 90 Grad
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, RushnStudies said:

Ahem.

Come on. Even though you post here, would you really want to hang out with a dude wearing a screen name on his back and sitting in a fan forum section? I think not. 

We might as well dump a whole bottle of Axe on our body and bring our Star Wars memorabilia collection with us...

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

On July 28, 2016 at 9:06 AM, Eagle-96 said:

What do you think the first order of business should be for Wren Baker after he starts on the job. There are a lot of things to clean up around here so he will be pretty busy. My opinion is that he needs to right the basketball ship first. We had a great thing going with JJ and should have built on his work only to have Benford come in and absolutely undo the progress that had been made. I think the ultimatum should be given to Benford from day one. WIN OR HIT THE ROAD. I wouldn't mind him showing Benford the door immediately but I fear it is too late in the game to get a capable coach before this season.

Call me!!!!!!!

1.  Order a #3 from NY Sub.

2.  Clean out any remnants of past department failures.

3.  Let Cinnamon and Reggie know their jobs are safe.

4.  Contact Al Goldfield and repair that relationship.

5.  Contact Denny Kalk and repair that relationship.

6.  Reach out to all expired Club Seat/Suite owners.

7.  Market, market, market

8.  Put Benford and Kee on notice.

9.  Finish out Center Court at the Warranch Tennis Center.

10.  Baseball program

11.  Indoor practice facility

12.  Reach out to the AAC, MWC and Big XII and inform them that there is a new sheriff in town and will be improving greatly over the next few years and we will be ready to move.

13.  Bring back old Scrappy and send Eugene Levy Eagle to band camp.

14.  Re-institute the Jr. Mean Green Club line up after the half.

15.  To go Chili Burger from Denton County Hamburger,

DAY Two

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, meangreen08 said:

Do a complete overhaul of he UNT ticket office. That place is im shambles.

Begin the process to form a Baseball team.

Done!  Have you visited lately?  All new folks...went by to get my Army tickets and another parking pass for the SMU game.  Great service...every front desk position occupied...went out of their way to get me the parking pass even though they were not actually ready to sell additional parking passes as yet (we're in the process of loading that into the computers after just completing the season ticket distribution).  I really felt like it was a breath of fresh air.  I realize there will be bumps in the road until it all gets sorted out, but the three folks I interacted with actually made me feel like they cared and we're glad to see me and appreciated my purchases.  Hopefully, a sign of things to come.  No, this reboot of personnel was not initiated by Wren Baker, but he will be the one seeing to it that it continues to improve and understand that hey are the first point of contact to UNT athletics for a lot if people.

Right there with you on that baseball thing.

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

8 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

10.  Baseball program

12.  Reach out to the AAC, MWC and Big XII and inform them that there is a new sheriff in town and will be improving greatly over the next few years and we will be ready to move.

DAY Two

4.  I thought Mr. Goldfield wasn't doing so hot anymore?

15.  Going to be driving around looking for DCH for a while since it no longer exists.

EDIT:   This was my 10,000th post!  Holy Cow.

Edited by MeanGreenTexan
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

10.  Baseball program

DAY Two

Great list.  In reality there is no "first" thing to do.  There are a million things to do and he needs to start on a lot of them right away.  This is a good list for Day One.  

2 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

10.  Baseball program

DAY Two

Sub McIngvale for Goldfield and switch 10 and 11..(because that's actually the current order of priority they are in)...and you've got a great list.

Rick

2 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

10.  Baseball program

DAY Two

A fine list. I would swap 10 and 11 in the order. 

Edited by UNT90

3 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

4.  I thought Mr. Goldfield wasn't doing so hot anymore?

15.  Going to be driving around looking for DCH for a while since it no longer exists.

EDIT:   This was my 10,000th post!  Holy Cow.

4.  Sorry to hear that.  Maybe he would like to leave a legacy with UNT: Goldfield Park @ MG Village

15.  They do exist.  On Sunset off of University.

Edited by UNTLifer

2 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

Sub McIngvale for Goldfield and switch 10 and 11..(because that's actually the current order of priority they are in)...and you've got a great list.

Rick

No thanks on Mattress Mac. Dude acts like he's the world's largest UH fan. And his store is a little creepy and uncomfortable.

That ship has sailed.

Edited by Ryan Munthe

6 hours ago, meangreen08 said:

Begin the process to form a Baseball team.

4 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

10.  Baseball program

I'm curious why we need a baseball program so bad. Is it only because we don't have one? Is it the majestic sounds of college baseball? Ping, ping. Is it to have sporting events on campus that are even more poorly attended than the sports we have now?

I can't think of one person I've met in my entire life that talked about the quality of the baseball program at their alma mater. Basketball? Yes. Football? Absolutely! Baseball? Never. The Aggies and Red Raiders were both in the top 5 in baseball this year. I work with diehard fans of both schools, not a peep about baseball.

Please explain this to me. It seems like a tremendous waste of resources when the Rangers are down the street and use real bats. We need to focus on the big 3 (football, MBB, WBB). We are spreading ourselves too thin.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

4 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

I'm curious why we need a baseball program so bad. Is it only because we don't have one? Is it the majestic sounds of college baseball? Ping, ping. Is it to have sporting events on campus that are even more poorly attended than the sports we have now?

I can't think of one person I've met in my entire life that talked about the quality of the baseball program at their alma mater. Basketball? Yes. Football? Absolutely! Baseball? Never. The Aggies and Red Raiders were both in the top 5 in baseball this year. I work with diehard fans of both schools, not a peep about baseball.

Please explain this to me. It seems like a tremendous waste of resources when the Rangers are down the street and use real bats. We need to focus on the big 3 (football, MBB, WBB). We are spreading ourselves too thin.

From my perspective: Once Basketball and Spring Football are done, there is NOTHING going on within our athletic department and it's a lost opportunity to bring in new fans or additional revenue from existing fans.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

I didn't even know Dallas Baptist played any sports until they started killing it at baseball down there a few years ago.

Any sports fan at Rice would be quick to point out how successful their baseball team is as well.

• Upvote 1