Attendance?

EagleD

So UNT90 is kind of right /shrug The SMU series will not fill the stadium just because it's SMU. If we had played Ohio State it would have been full. But it does leave out a few important details. The time of the game, and the fact we did not look good at Texas kept people away. I was still disappointed somewhat by attendance at that game. But just SMU alone isn't a big enough draw. Now if we had been 3-0 going into a home game with SMU at 2:30 or 6, it would have been a sellout.

SMU is an ok series, nothing more. They bring no one to our stadium, we will bring a ton to theirs. They benefit far more than we do from this series.

SMU isn't in the SWC anymore and hasn't been relevant in football for a long time. That fact that they are our marque OOC series demonstrates how bad scheduling continues to be (that and 2 five home game seasons in 4 years).

Call me whatever you want, but if you paid attention to this aspect of UNT football, the only thing you would be calling me is right.

Well I want to own Ford Stadium!

But we should probably be a little more fair about attendance with the SMU game. There were several SMU fans on the Alumni side, I talked to several SMU fans that came with their North Texas buddies, and second same as us but will a smaller DFW alumni base 11:00 am was a suck time for most casual fans, and remember they were shutout brutally by Baylor the week before. I believe if the next game is at a better time of day and the SMU team is doing a bit better I expect a much better turn out. I would love a series with TCU as well.

11 AM start killed SMU crowd. Much better crowd with 6 or 7 start. BTW does band have real unis or do they plan on kahki shorts all year?

They're halfway through the year with no uniforms in site... so I guess the uniformed kahkis are what we'll see all year.

Also, if that's what the plan is, they need uniformed socks...

I really wouldn't spend the money on uniforms since you literally wear them for 2 or 3 games. Save that money switch to jeans and make an extra roadie. We should see the GB in Houston, San Antonio and what El Paso for our inaugural visit to the border.

GMG

And, we are 2,826 ahead of last year at this time, averaging 20,240

La Tech had 26,004 at their only home game.

UAB has averaged 28,368 through two home games.

Southern Miss has averaged 24,142 through two home games.

Rice 17558 in their only home game.

Fla Atl had 21,226 in their only home game

UTEP 34,200 through two home games.

Fla Int 10,486 after two home games.

UTSA had 33,472 at their only home game.

I know its "bad scheduling", but we are the only one with 3 home games so far.

Didn't just about everybody say they expected between 12K and 14K for the Nicholls game? Seems like a pretty big win there to end up with over 21K against an FCS team, especially since that's higher than our average over the other two games so far. Keep winning and I'd expect the number to keep rising.

• Upvote 3

Regarding scheduling, I especially do not like having only one home game in October, but so much of that is up to the league and will hopefully balance out through the years. Obviously, Thursday night, 11:00 Saturday morning, and even 2:30 in the afternoon during summer are not idea for us. A lot of that is due to TV, which equals money.

Regarding SMU, I like finally having them in our schedule because that is the best way to get top coverage in the Dallas rag where many of our alumni live. That coverage should help increase our fan base among those alumni. And yes, I begrudge SMUT for blocking our attempt to participate in SWC back when we were better than most in that conference. I doubt that we would have ever gone independent or to a lower division if we had been allowed to join the SWC back then.

• Upvote 2

And, we are 2,826 ahead of last year at this time, averaging 20,240

La Tech had 26,004 at their only home game.

UAB has averaged 28,368 through two home games.

Southern Miss has averaged 24,142 through two home games.

Rice 17558 in their only home game.

Fla Atl had 21,226 in their only home game

UTEP 34,200 through two home games.

Fla Int 10,486 after two home games.

UTSA had 33,472 at their only home game.

I know its "bad scheduling", but we are the only one with 3 home games so far.

One of which was a conference game. Not a lot of work involved in that.

And we still only have 4 home games scheduled for next season.

But move along, nothing to see here.

• Downvote 4

One of which was a conference game. Not a lot of work involved in that.

And we still only have 4 home games scheduled for next season.

But move along, nothing to see here.

Even if you are right and we have 5 home games, I'm fine with it.

We will have road games at SMU, La Tech, So Miss that are all within driving distance.

That means I can see my team 8 out of 12 games.

I'll take that.

It won't be as good as last year where 11 out of 13 were within driving distance, but I'll still take it.

you are the only one that has referred to SMU as a scheduling savior. You are really beginning more and more a DB.

Can you post anything but insults? Can you add anything to a conversation? At all?

SMU is absolutely the "marque" OOC home game on any of our future OOC schedules. If you don't realize that, you are UNT football schedule stupid (see, that's how you insult, moron.)

But you haven't bothered to look, have you?

HAVE YOU?

Edited by UNT90
  • Downvote 3

Even if you are right and we have 5 home games, I'm fine with it.

We will have road games at SMU, La Tech, So Miss that are all within driving distance.

That means I can see my team 8 out of 12 games.

I'll take that.

It won't be as good as last year where 11 out of 13 were within driving distance, but I'll still take it.

Right, and as long as fans like you are fine with it, their is no pressure to improve. There is no reason for RV to think outside the box because he feels no pressure to do anything different.

And while you personally may be fine with it, the club seat and Suite level donors may not. And a lot of them are the large donors to the mean green club.

I know this one isn't happy with the status quo. (even though I am far from deep pocketed).

And keep in mind, WE HAVE 4 HOME GAMES SCHEDULED FOR NEXT YEAR: not 5. FOUR.

I do think we will buy another FCS scrimmage, but that's the best we can do at this late hour (as far as FBS football scheduling is concerned).

Edited by UNT90

I wish we had 6 or more home games well schedulled every year but I don't think our AD completely gets it.

This year we have six but not well scheduled although we are not head to head home with the Texas-OU weekend.

Thursday night games are a waste, and home games should not start before 6:00pm on Saturdays before November 1st and 4:00 pm after.

That said this year is not great for home games even with 6 games it was like we were screwed.

Can you post anything but insults? Can you add anything to a conversation? At all?

SMU is absolutely the "marque" OOC home game on any of our future OOC schedules. If you don't realize that, you are UNT football schedule stupid (see, that's how you insult, moron.)

But you haven't bothered to look, have you?

HAVE YOU?

this coming from the ***NO NO**** that cries when people call him names yet he is a hypocrite and calls names all the time. Yes, I can add substance to Posts, just not to your whining, senseless dribble.

NO NAME CALLING PLEASE

this coming from the ***NO NO**** that cries when people call him names yet he is a hypocrite and calls names all the time. Yes, I can add substance to Posts, just not to your whining, senseless dribble.

NO NAME CALLING PLEASE

Please don't