Attendance?

EagleD

We will have 5 home games next year. It's unacceptable. 2 body bag games in one year is dropping down to Savannah St's level. We do not NEED 2 body bag games and truth be told we do not NEED even one every year. With that said 5 games seems to be practically locked in next year so we are going to have to deal with it.

We will have 5 home games next year. It's unacceptable. 2 body bag games in one year is dropping down to Savannah St's level. We do not NEED 2 body bag games and truth be told we do not NEED even one every year. With that said 5 games seems to be practically locked in next year so we are going to have to deal with it.

Another scheduling thread that still does not address the issue of why the scheduling sucks in the first place. Ben, how do you know UNT does not need the money? Do you work for the AD? Do any of you guys have any experience with budgeting and forecasting?

Do yall really think RV wants to schedule these money games? Im sure he would rather have home games and im sure he could get one & ones with better schools. Wheres the money going to come from? The fans? The Denton community?

Another scheduling thread that still does not address the issue of why the scheduling sucks in the first place. Ben, how do you know UNT does not need the money? Do you work for the AD? Do any of you guys have any experience with budgeting and forecasting?

Do yall really think RV wants to schedule these money games? Im sure he would rather have home games and im sure he could get one & ones with better schools. Wheres the money going to come from? The fans? The Denton community?

Getting the money is also RV's job. It doesn't take a lot of effort to whore yourself out twice a year to cover expenses, does it?

Who cares if you don't fill the stadium, your budget is covered with the money game(s).

What RV said in the podcast is that he would rather play teams that matter on the road because we get paid. Go back and listen if you don't believe me. That makes his job far easier.

I don't think his job should be easy.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I wish we had 6 or more home games well schedulled every year but I don't think our AD completely gets it.

This year we have six but not well scheduled although we are not head to head home with the Texas-OU weekend.

Thursday night games are a waste, and home games should not start before 6:00pm on Saturdays before November 1st and 4:00 pm after.

That said this year is not great for home games even with 6 games it was like we were screwed.

Pretty much my opinion. I am 67 years old, so was wondering if it was that I was old, but there weren't any students to speak of on the student after half. Is this what we get for being televised more?

Edited by eulessismore

Pretty much my opinion. I am 67 years old, so was wondering if it was that I was old, but there weren't any students to speak of on the student after half. Is this what we get for being televised more?

Having had the pleasure of meeting you and the Mrs. the other day...

There's no way you're 67.

• Upvote 2

I know it would be hard to keep these people corralled , but I think they should seriously reduce the price for the wing zone, the part above the walkway to like 3 bucks. It looked really nice to see it 75% full Saturday. I assumed it was like this because it was it was parents weekend. We're those tickets free?

I know it would be hard to keep these people corralled , but I think they should seriously reduce the price for the wing zone, the part above the walkway to like 3 bucks. It looked really nice to see it 75% full Saturday. I assumed it was like this because it was it was parents weekend. We're those tickets free?

I was wondering who the folks were with the yellow shirts in the wing zone. Then I looked at the event staff and didn't want to think about it any more.

Edited by eulessismore

THat 11am start time sucked, but I'd rather be able to tell my friends to "watch us on tv tonight" then not.

TV has dictated most if not all our home game start times.

• Upvote 2

And, we are 2,826 ahead of last year at this time, averaging 20,240

La Tech had 26,004 at their only home game.

UAB has averaged 28,368 through two home games.

Southern Miss has averaged 24,142 through two home games.

Rice 17558 in their only home game.

Fla Atl had 21,226 in their only home game

UTEP 34,200 through two home games.

Fla Int 10,486 after two home games.

UTSA had 33,472 at their only home game.

I know its "bad scheduling", but we are the only one with 3 home games so far.

If CUSA is to rebuild to its former importance it should have all of its teams averaging at least 20,000. Currently, 9 of the 13 are doing that. UTEP leads the way in attendance, closely followed by UTSA. Marshall and UAB are solid (great turnaround by UAB) at 28,000+. As mentioned, LaTech had 26,004 at its first home game but expect that to fall after the loss to Northwestern State. Southern Miss has a history of averaging in the 20s so their current average of 24,142 is sustainable. Then comes Middle at 20,258 and us at 20,240. Can we both maintain or improve on those numbers? Maybe. Old Dominion has averaged 20,118 and will keep that average as it is stadium capacity and sold out for the remainder of this season.

Now the bad part. Rice had only 17,558 for its home opener and is now 0-3. They haven't had good attendance in a long time and I don't see this number getting any better. WKU only had 17,215 at their home opener and I see little improvement here also. The other two are horrible. Florida Atlantic only had 14,112 (not 21,226) for their home opener and their attendance history is poor. But, here's the worst of all...FIU has had FOUR home games, two against P5 opponents, and averaged a magnanimous 11,152! They're a train wreck and I sure hope that we can find a way to replace them.

As to the comment about 2 bodybag games next year...if these new starters (and the ones next year that replace this year's seniors) come along nicely, I'd like to think we could beat Iowa.

It would be a lot easier to beat Iowa if we were playing them in Apogee.

This series should have been a 1 and 1 or shouldn't have happened.

Edited by UNT90

It would be a lot easier to beat Iowa if we were playing them in Apogee.

This series should have been a 1 and 1 or shouldn't have happened.

Scheduling 1-and-1's will get more and more difficult with P5 schools. It also doesn't make North Texas any money to make those kinds of contracts.

We should either give up scheduling top tier and to a lesser extent, mid-P5 schools and worry about scheduling G5 schools.

• Upvote 1

SMU was the scheduling savior to many on here. Problem is, no one under 35 gives two cramps about SMU.

The scheduling sucks. As long as it continues to suck, I'll continue to point it out.

Well, 21k+ is a great crowd for a UNT game and I'll verify that current students identify the name SMU and give at least 2 cramps about UNT playing them...the same goes for LaTech, Texas, Southern Miss. However, they have no idea who FIU, FAU, Nichols St, etc. are, nor give 2 cramps. So yes, scheduling, conference, winning issues but none of that revolves around SMU. Great to have them on the schedule and great to whip their ass.