I would bet Todd Dodge enjoyed watching the bowl win

Harry

I don't get why folks continue to blame Dodge for "running the team in a ditch"; instead of the folks that hired him. He was a high school coach. How many other programs in the history of college football have hired a HS coach? (maybe a handful) We thought we could go cheap and hire a highly successful HS coach (with a joke of a budget) and be successful. He had to bring in other HS assistants coaches because that is what the budget would allow. (60-80k)

If RV was responsible for the hire, RV is the person who ran the program in the ditch. Dodge, in my opinion, does not deserve much of the criticism he continues to get years later. We got what the hell we paid for. We actually need to thank the man for the bulk of the key recruits from the current team. I'm actually still waiting for McCarney to top what Dodge (and Dickey) were able to do without all the resources he enjoys today. Can we finally get a quality QB or DL?

Spot on Cooley. Anyone remember the 5,000+ fans in attendance for Dodges first Spring game? Most everyone on this board was pumped with that hire.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I still like the Dodge hire. It was a swing for the fences at a time when the only way to win would be to hit a home run. It didn't work. I wonder how Dodge would do if given the resources McCarney has? Don't forget how many close games Dodge lost. If the ball bounced just a little differently he could still be here,

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I still like the Dodge hire. It was a swing for the fences at a time when the only way to win would be to hit a home run. It didn't work. I wonder how Dodge would do if given the resources McCarney has? Don't forget how many close games Dodge lost. If the ball bounced just a little differently he could still be here,

Dodge came in an arrogant SOB not ready to deal with the differing peoples/personalities of a public university. He plowed an already plummeting program even further into an abyss. Why people want so bad to pat this guy on the back here is beyond me? His days at the University of North Texas were an absolute embarrassment. Good riddance.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I bought season tickets because of the excitement from dodges first year...without that debacle, I may have never become such a fan...

Yep. We did have a spike in season ticket sales and Mean Green Club membership after the Dodge hire. Remember all the SLC stickers you'd see in the parking lot? I know for a fact that at least some of those folks remain NT fans and season ticket holders today, despite that the Dodge hire is what brought them in.
  • Upvote 1

Dodge came in an arrogant SOB not ready to deal with the differing peoples/personalities of a public university. He plowed an already plummeting program even further into an abyss. Why people want so bad to pat this guy on the back here is beyond me? His days at the University of North Texas were an absolute embarrassment. Good riddance.

Hey, I know you kicked my puppy and that's bad an all, but just imagine if you'd had more resources. You could have traveled to the arctic to club baby penguins!!

• Upvote 1

Todd Dodge was a risky hire that I was totally on board for. As far as grabbing attention in the Metroplex, it was a perfect hire. Everything that went on with it during and after was terrible. He had a minuscule budget, he hired terrible coordinators partly because of it. That he thought he could win with those coordinators and seemingly pissed off his peers was both arrogant and bad for the program.

Art Briles, Gus Malzahn, Todd Graham -- those guys won at more than one program, built programs, and build the necessary relationships to stay successful. A good amount of the former happens because of the latter.

Todge would have made a much better coordinator than head coach. He got some nice recruits to come here, and a good number of our offensive records came during his tenure. Head Football Coaches are hired to win games and if you can do it while banning curse words then more power to ya. He couldn't win. Worst coach evarrrr

I don't get why folks continue to blame Dodge for "running the team in a ditch"; instead of the folks that hired him. He was a high school coach. How many other programs in the history of college football have hired a HS coach? (maybe a handful)

Two. Notre Dame and us. We were smart enough to do it twice.

We stunk during Dodge's tenure but I will still always give him credit for getting us a new stadium. He was a hell of a handshaker and fundraiser.

Yep. We did have a spike in season ticket sales and Mean Green Club membership after the Dodge hire. Remember all the SLC stickers you'd see in the parking lot? I know for a fact that at least some of those folks remain NT fans and season ticket holders today, despite that the Dodge hire is what brought them in.

Getting (I'm going to be generous here) a hundred extra people into the MGC was not worth going 6-37.

We stunk during Dodge's tenure but I will still always give him credit for getting us a new stadium. He was a hell of a handshaker and fundraiser.

You should give credit to untflyer. He deserves it more. And he never went 6-37.

• Upvote 1

Getting (I'm going to be generous here) a hundred extra people into the MGC was not worth going 6-37.

You should give credit to untflyer. He deserves it more. And he never went 6-37.

...with the ladies.

Sorry, I just had to.

• Upvote 1