So who will break the bowl news first?

TheColonyEagle

It won't be UNT Athletics. They're still on vacation.

Much like their promotions and marketing staff has been all year long--hell...all decade long?

Once they wake up over there and figure out we're in a pro-oriented sports market maybe that will change, but for some of the present group it might be too late with a new incoming UNT administration. You cannot lolly-gag for 10 plus years and say you really don't know your job description (which has happened over there); you don't know this market and then you don't know who to sell or promote to in this market, DAMN! Talk about your basic long running job security; that is, at UNT's beaurocratic Nirvana-Land on Bonnie Brae.

19K for Senior Day for "THIS" team needs to still be addressed by somebody. Forget our long-suffering "OLD" alums, I just feel damn bad for Coach DMac and the Mean Green. Attendance deficiencies will once again and one day soon bite UNT in the arse and some of you over here don't seem to want to look down the road as to how it could. Well, don't get your panties in a wad when UTSA goes up in the NCAA while we keep celebrating our 100 Years of Mean Green football 10 years from now. Schools who win but who also draw impressively at their stadiums move up...the opposite can be said for those who don't.

25K ticket sales for HOD? Folks, we didn't sell that many tickets for an event that was just as significant as the HOD Bowl, ie, the grand opening of Apogee Stadium. (UH brought 4K to 5K to Apogee that night so do the math for how many tickets our fans would have purchased minus the UH fans).

Who knows, just maybe a New Years Day game in Dallas will wake up the dead, but to sell 25K or more from those working out off Bonnie Brae are going to have to work their collective arses off moreso than I think they know and that based on their efforts to sell ticket sales for the debut of Apogee Stadium when they had...... an entire Spring & Summer to do so.

I live for the day to be 100% wrong about much of what I've observed for 40 plus years with all this...........I really & sincerely do. Our school would be much the better and be so much further down the road If I (and others of you) were proven wrong on much of this.

I hope we get close to the numbers that the HOD Bowl folks want from UNT but--we will need many, many more to buy than all of those who read this message board X's 10 (or whatever), though.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1