http://espn.go.com/college-football/bowls/projections

Mark Schlabach:

Syracuse vs. North Texas - HOD

Brad Edwards:

Oregon State vs. North Texas - HOD

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/bowls/predictions

Jerry Palm:

Maryland vs. North Texas - Military

Since ESPN owns the HOD Bowl, I tend to think they know what's going on a little bit better than the others

• Upvote 1

I'm just excited that they have a good chance of playing in the HOD bowl. One last (home) game for these guys and we should be able to get a lot of people out to the bowl game to show support them. Maybe some local recruits can come out and see what UNT has to offer. I like to see us play Oregon State only because they are a higher profile team than the Orangemen.

Very concerned about the possible projections of Texas State in HOD with us. That would be a catastrophe.

Hmmm where are you finding this? Texas State needed to win their game last Saturday -- they finished the season with three consecutive losses in the Belt. Everything I am seeing is they are out.

I really don't care who we play, very excited just going to a bowl game. hopefully we do get the HoD bowl. i know a bowl game in this are will be a great send off for the senors and help with the recruiting in the area( which is one of the best in the nation). we will be the only team in the metroplex going to a bowl which is huge. i see tcu turning into the new baylor in the big 12 and smu will have some tough decisions this off-season with the very expensive head coach, that almost left the program. who ever we play let win then repeat. Everyone is seeing green. the new traditions start now

• Upvote 1

Very concerned about the possible projections of Texas State in HOD with us. That would be a catastrophe.

There is no way that the HoD bowl invites Texas State and leaves North Carolina, Pitt, Syracuse, Oregon State, or even Washington State sitting at home.

Edited by ColoradoEagle

The WBAP morning show guys just mentioned a North Texas/Michigan HOD Bowl game and said "that would be fun." I think there are some projections in this AM's DMN which they saw that possible matching.

Earlier we know sooner we can start buying tickets. Still wish Iowa would be the school but (I suppose) lets get a HOD Bowl invite first, right? :)

GMG!

The WBAP morning show guys just mentioned a North Texas/Michigan HOD Bowl game and said "that would be fun." I think there are some projections in this AM's DMN which they saw that possible matching.

Earlier we know sooner we can start buying tickets. Still wish Iowa would be the school but (I suppose) lets get a HOD Bowl invite first, right? :)

GMG!

Someone mentioned Nebraska (I don't remember who and I have no idea if they are in a position to be the big ten rep) and I would like to see that matchup. Big name program that plays a style our defense should be able to match up better with than a pass heavy spread you out kind of team.

You people are killing me with all of the "I'd like to see this and that team" wishes. We're still a team with 2 C-USA losses. I would not be looking forward to playing a Nebraska or an Oregon State.

Ha, probably true.

I don't care a single bit about Texas State, but if that happened, I'd welcome it. Imagine a sold-out Cotton Bowl filled with UNT and Texas State alums? That would be a blast. Plus, we'd thrash them.

How about no way?

We want to be the lead story for the game around here, not Wash St's blowhard coach

According to this site... it might be possible:

Heart of Dallas / Jan. 1 / Big10 #7 vs. C-USA / Washington St. vs. North Texas [Phil Steele]

Others:

Military Bowl / Dec. 27 / ACC #8 vs. C-USA / Maryland vs. North Texas [Jerry Palm]

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/bowls/predictions

Heart of Dallas / Jan. 1 / Big10 vs. C-USA / Syracuse vs. North Texas [Mark Schlabach]

Heart of Dallas / Jan. 1 / Big10 vs. C-USA / Oregon State vs. North Texas [brad Edwards]

http://espn.go.com/college-football/bowls/projections

Heart of Dallas / Jan. 1 / Big10 #7 vs. C-USA / Michigan vs. North Texas

Edited by jperg2

When the Texas State projection was made there was no assurance that there would be 70 bowl qualifiers and Texas State had already qualified. Furthermore, we do have a long history with them. Until it's announced we cannot be assured that we'll be in the HoD. Whoever it is I can think of 1.1 million reasons to play them.