Does GMG.com Affect your Work Productivity?

Mean Green 93-98

or... Does Work Affect your GMG.com Productivity?

I put "Somewhat, but I mostly keep it in moderation", since if it really gets busy, I won't have time to look at gmg at all, and it doesn't affect me at all. But... then there are the slow days, and it might as well be "My employer should either block me from gmg.com or fire me now".

Today is pretty slow...

• Upvote 3

I am retired and much like every multiple-choice event in my life, I couldn't find the right answer. I check GMG many times per day so I punched "block me/fire me." I even check GMG

sometimes when I get up for the 3:30 am stumble to the bathroom.

Edited by Greenrex

I am retired and much like every multiple-choice event in my life, I couldn't find the right answer. I check GMG many times per day so I punched "block me/fire me." I even check GMG

sometimes when I get up for the 3:30 am stumble to the bathroom.

I think a good follow up to this very interesting poll would be "Have you ever read or posted on GMG while on the John?"

Not in the least.

My employer should either block me from gmg.com or fire me now.

I think I'll echo meangreentexan's no comment, in the very off chance anyone at work could figure out my screen name.

I just hope they think I'm checking my work email on my phone from my desk...

Edited by Army of Dad
  • Upvote 2

I'm the "not at all" vote, because while it's true that I am not on GMG.com often at all, if I allowed myself to be, I would easily distract myself from being productive and getting work done on my thesis or other things. I don't allow myself to get too involved in any of the dozen or so forum sites that I enjoy when I'm really busy, but I do show up every so often to post and read for a few days. Then I remember that I'm supposed to be doing something else and retreat back into the library to read more microfilm. (See what I did there?)

• Upvote 1