What has you most excited?

emmitt01

I know Tony being back is huge. And CJ and JWill being eligible is big too. And, yes, there should be no shortage of high flying offense.

But what has me geeked up (and about willing to skip football season) is that Benford says he'll be preaching hard nosed defense and jumping the passing lanes. With the athletes we will have we should be CAPABLE of being nasty on D!!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I guess my answer to the question is...Coach Benford. I've talked to the man and came away with the same feelings that I have about Dan McCarney. He exudes enthusiasm, confidence and experience. With his mentor, Robb Evans, at his side I don't think that he'll fail. He's Johnny Jones with excitement. He should keep this program at a high level even after Mitchell is gone.

• Upvote 1

I know Tony being back is huge. And CJ and JWill being eligible is big too. And, yes, there should be no shortage of high flying offense.

But what has me geeked up (and about willing to skip football season) is that Benford says he'll be preaching hard nosed defense and jumping the passing lanes. With the athletes we will have we should be CAPABLE of being nasty on D!!

Yep, and with that, comes transition offense. Watch out for some Ringling-brothers-like acrobatics at the Super Pit.

Edited by MeanGreenTexan
  • Upvote 2

I think we need a countdown clock in anticipation for the first game. Harry?

Tell me who and when the first game is against and the clock will be up here. I need to do one for football as well.

I'm really excited to see a complete Mean Green team with Tony, CJ, Jordan, everyone firing on all cylinders.

• Upvote 1

Ive heard he wasn't the greatest X's and O's coach

IMO, i think there are only a handful of great X's and O's coaches, on the college level. You could probably say this about most sports. I think there are alot of other intangibles to coaching, such as, recruiting, ability to motivate, relationships with players, etc. Whether, Benford is a great X's and O's coach...time will tell. IMO, i think most top assistant coaches, that land their first gig, are proven recruiters and have won at their respective programs. Normally, the unknown, is to prove they can coach, X's and O's. So....i will reserve my judgement, for what happens on the court. Really looking forward, to this season!

Edited by meangreenfan65
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

10. Determining if Coleman is the answer at center

9. senior years for Holmen, Niko, Franklin and Walton

8. Patton actually play

7. Resurgence of dynamic soph. duo: Williams and Jones

6. Benford comparison to J Jones

5. All time attendance record

4. Sun Belt Championships (regular and tournament)

3. First victories in NCAA tournament

2. View best player in NT history, Mitchell

1. View best team in NT BB history

• Upvote 2

To see what kind of half court offense we run this season.

It can only improve (ya, I know we were near or at the top in scoring offense in the Belt, but half court possessions were a lot of stand around and watch).

Take this and also add defense and the ability to press and disrupt defensively and you have my two new things to watch for. The rest of the items I can think of pretty much mimic GrandGreen's list. I guess igorance truly is bliss...

• Upvote 1