CBS11 BREAKING: UNT to CUSA (FRIDAY!)

UNTflyer

Well sure, but other than a women's basketball coach from Wake Forest, a Final Four caliber men's basketball coach, a football coach who knows a few things beyond "everybody go long!" a new stadium, a baseball team on the horizin, and a move up in conference, what has Rick Villareal ever done for us?

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

Well sure, but other than a women's basketball coach from Wake Forest, a Final Four caliber men's basketball coach, a football coach who knows a few things beyond "everybody go long!" a new stadium, a baseball team on the horizin, and a move up in conference, what has Rick Villareal ever done for us?

Just amazing how this stuff happens when RV and Lane Rawlins are just sitting around while all the other schools lobby in the press and make grandiose statements...if only we had an AD and Prez who would do something! Ha! It's times like these that make me smile big grins, and know how great it is to be a member of the Mean Green Nation.

This is a great time for the Mean green! The time is NOW for UNT and the Mean Green. Bring on CUSA!!!!! Happy Days, folks, happy days at UNT. Thanks again RV and Lane Rawlins for all the behind the scenes professional work you have been doing to make all this come true over the last few years for the Mean green nation.

OK, folks...time to step up! Join the Mean Green Club, buy season tickets. The time for excuses is over! The time for action is NOW! ACTA NON VERBA!!!!!!

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Just amazing how this stuff happens when RV and Lane Rawlins are just sitting around while all the other schools lobby in the press and make grandiose statements...if only we had an AD and Prez who would do something! Ha! It's times like these that make me smile big grins, and know how great it is to be a member of the Mean Green Nation.

This is a great time for the Mean green! The time is NOW for UNT and the Mean Green. Bring on CUSA!!!!! Happy Days, folks, happy days at UNT. Thanks again RV and Lane Rawlins for all the behind the scenes professional work you have been doing to make all this come true over the last few years for the Mean green nation.

OK, folks...time to step up! Join the Mean Green Club, buy season tickets. The time for excuses is over! The time for action is NOW! ACTA NON VERBA!!!!!!

I agree and the action I want is about 6 Sun Belt Conference Championships this coming year. really blow the doors off the Belt on our way out.

• Upvote 2

Been a ton of good things happening since I started rooting for the Green in 2005. But this has to be one of the most exciting, though the football stadium and NCAA tourney visits in BBall are right up there with this!

• Upvote 1

AWESOME!!!!!!

Local rivalries and a conference with a championship game!

Now if we can get some annual non conference games going wilth other local schools like TT, TCU, SMU, Baylor, Houston, etc. we would really be rolling.

-

---At this point I don't even want SMU on our schedule...... [ fooey on them...]. They need us a lot more than we need them...

---Their Big East conference opponents will furnish them no sizable amount of fans in attendance. They will need local Texas area teams as non-conference opponents to increase their gate revenue. --- Let them rot for all the things they have done to us.. I was an NT alum when they lobbied to keep us out of the SWC which put us into a bad way and we had to join the the Southland as nothing else was available. A lot of schools dropped football [ UTA, Lamar, West Texas, Villanova, etc. ] because of what the NCAA then did afterwards .. it has taken us 30 years to just get back where we were then.. we had been a MVC conf. member with Tulsa, Memphis, Cincinnati, Louisville, etc. and Fry gambled on a SWC bid and we lost... largely because SMU opposed us. --- SMU can just rot. They likely kept us out of CUSA earlier too... who knows..

Play anyone but them now. We don't need them.

Good luck to the remaining SunBelt teams.. Beat those BCS teams... I will always be your fan.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66
  • Upvote 3

Love the shot, Kram and OldGuyStudent..........Wonder how long it will take the naysayers to swallow hard, wipe off the egg-on-face, and re-appear among us?

• Upvote 1

So what will CUSA look like in 2013?

You're still looking at two teams that were 8-5 last season joining C-USA in LaTech and FIU, which gives you a bigger media market than Orlando. UNT is clearly better than Memphis, and brings in DFW. UTSA has lots of potential, and their growth will be accelerated thanks to the move. When you consider that the SBC will now feature GSU, USA and TSU it is clear that C-USA is much better. I just wish they'd go to 14 and take MTSU and Appalachian State.

• Upvote 1

-

---At this point I don't even want SMU on our schedule...... [ fooey on them...]. They need us a lot more than we need them...

---Their Big East conference opponents will furnish them no sizable amount of fans in attendance. They will need local Texas area teams as non-conference opponents to increase their gate revenue. --- Let them rot for all the things they have done to us.. I was an NT alum when they lobbied to keep us out of the SWC which put us into a bad way and we had to join the the Southland as nothing else was available. A lot of schools dropped football [ UTA, Lamar, West Texas, Villanova, etc. ] because of what the NCAA then did afterwards .. it has taken us 30 years to just get back where we were then.. we had been a MVC conf. member with Tulsa, Memphis, Cincinnati, Louisville, etc. and Fry gambled on a SWC bid and we lost... largely because SMU opposed us. --- SMU can just rot. They likely kept us out of CUSA earlier too... who knows..

Play anyone but them now. We don't need them.

Good luck to the remaining SunBelt teams.. Beat those BCS teams... I will always be your fan.

Alright...I hate to stink up such a glorious thread, but I have no choice. The comment above---Fry gambled on SWC membership and lost---just leaves lots of unanswered questions.

1) Could we have joined the Metro (or whatever conference Louisville, Cincy, Tulsa, Wichita, etc left for) at the time that Fry took us Independent?

2) Once it became clear that we were not going to get invited to the SWC (from what I gather, after 1978), why did we not try to rejoin those old Metro schools? We were a Top 25 football program at the time. Would they seriously not have taken us?!

3) Was Hayden Fry actually a secret agent sent by SMU to destroy us?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Alright...I hate to stink up such a glorious thread, but I have no choice. The comment above---Fry gambled on SWC membership and lost---just leaves lots of unanswered questions.

1) Could we have joined the Metro (or whatever conference Louisville, Cincy, Tulsa, Wichita, etc left for) at the time that Fry took us Independent?

2) Once it became clear that we were not going to get invited to the SWC (from what I gather, after 1978), why did we not try to rejoin those old Metro schools? We were a Top 25 football program at the time. Would they seriously not have taken us?!

3) Was Hayden Fry actually a secret agent sent by SMU to destroy us?

1310480585093.jpg