Thank You Coach Johnny Jones

CMJ

You took over an absolute dumpster fire of a situation and established a competitive, NCAA tournament level program. It's hard to say goodbye, but nothing but the best of luck at LSU. I'll be hoping you prove all your doubters wrong in Tigerland.

Jones%20for%20Final%20Four%20blog.jpg

• Upvote 5

JJ is all I know of UNT basketball. I came to school in 2001 and watched a pretty rag-tag team with one legitimate star and a bunch of role players win games against considerably more talented teams. I maybe missed 15 or so home games from 2001 - 2007...including one game in the NCAA tournament I will not be convinced we would not have won had Lionel Brown stayed at UNT for his senior season...we were one not-Michael-Sturns-at-backup-point-guard away from slaying Memphis.

This is very surreal. I have the utmost respect for Jones and this decision could not have been an easy one.

• Upvote 2

We've come a long way with you Coach Jones. I know the decision was probably tough, but we all knew you were gone when LSU came calling... it was just a matter of when.

Thanks for all the blood, sweat & tears you put into our school's basketball program. You will be sorely missed.

Please, if you love us at all, leave a note on RV's desk to interview coach Forrest.

A new LSU basketball fan,

-MeanGreenTexan

• Upvote 2

Coach, thank you so very much for the contributions you have made to UNT basketball. I have always admired your class. It is damned hard to see you go but you have a family and a career to consider and I know you will do a great job for the Tigers. It is not often that a person's dream job becomes available. Sincere best wishes for a long run at LSU. :goodjob:

I have only one request...keep UNT on your schedule.

• Upvote 1

Thank You, Coach, for turning around a sad sack of a program and making it something worth a 3 county drive to see. Thank you for leaving the program in GREAT shape (something many other coaches have not done) before moving on to greener pastures.

Good Luck in Baton Rogue. Sadly, because of the state of that program, you will need it.

• Upvote 1

Coach Jones,

I appreciate what you've done at North Texas. I wish you nothing but luck and W's (except when the Mean Green is the opponent) at LSU.

• Upvote 1

Thank you and good luck Coach Jones. I know you are happy to be going home. We all appreciate everything you have done for our basketball program and the university. Hate to see you go, but so glad SMU is still looking for a coach.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the memories, Coach Jones. For me, you will always be wearing the Green of the Mean Green. I know this is a dream job for you, and I congratulate you on "going home". Just sad for the Mean Green Nation. Thanks for all you did to help put the Mean green back on the basketball map...well done, Sir...and you did it with class.

I wish you nothing but success with the Tigers. Welcome Home...you will be missed.