What would you rename the Sun Belt?

Harry

I think it would be a mistake to rename the Sun Belt, because that would just convey a lack of self-confidence in the product we're putting out there.

It's like how UNT has changed its uniforms every couple years, which never let us develop a traditional look. I cringed when I saw how much the Dodge-era uniforms looked like Southlake Carroll.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

I tend to agree with GrandGreen here that the Blelt could use some re-branding after it expands, etc. I have no problem with DeepGreen's suggested name either...I like the sound of "American Intercollegiate Conference".

I tend to agree with GrandGreen here that the Blelt could use some re-branding after it expands, etc. I have no problem with DeepGreen's suggested name either...I like the sound of "American Intercollegiate Conference".

You know, I was going to suggest "Shirley" or "Lola" for our new conference name, but I too like Deep's suggestion.

Actually, the more I look at it, the better I like it. Good Job Phil! :thumbsu:

How 'bout we just stick with Sunbelt?

New names don't change what's wrong with something.

Lots of people associate UNT with a loser of a program that will never be much of anything. Should we change the name (again) or just work hard at changing the perception?

• Upvote 2

The Southern Comfort Conference. Think of the endorsement money and the complimentary shots. Everyone will want to come play in our stadiums. :)

Why not? We could be the first conference to monetize our conference name. The Sunoco Conference, The Sunny Delight Conference, The Sunkist Conference. Since they won't give us their big BCS money, we can go grab a little cash from corporate America.

Why not? We could be the first conference to monetize our conference name. The Sunoco Conference, The Sunny Delight Conference, The Sunkist Conference. Since they won't give us their big BCS money, we can go grab a little cash from corporate America.

It could be done with SunBelt - the parent company of Little Debbie.