Rick Villarreal gets new deal

Brett Vito

Wow...it has already begun...there is one guy who has now said he is "done" with UNT...no more BB games this year, no hot springs trip and it's looking like no more season football tickets as well because of this announcement. Really? Seriously? Might want to relax a little and think about that threat before you get to deep into it. I realize some folks would like to see a new AD for UNT...no, as everyone knows, I am not one of those folks...that's no secret, and I respect the other sides opinion, I just happen to think they are misguided. But a threat such as the above in actuality does no harm to the AD, his staff or his programs, but it hurts UNT and it certainly smacks of one "cutting their own nose off to spite his face". We have all "sat through", cheered through and suffered through the trails and tribulations that is UNT athletics through the years, some for many more years that I have...right, Rick Spears? But, we all have very very fond memories of our times sitting in those seats, standing and yelling, enjoying Mean green victories and suffering through the losses together. I would hate to lose a friend and a long-time supporter of the Mean green over a personnel decision that none of us have any control over whatsoever.

The greatness that is the Mean Green is much bigger than that and much bigger than any one person...no matter what position they hold. We can agree to disagree on the situation involving our AD, but what i don't think we would ever disagree on is our love for all that is the Mean green. UNT is OUR school, not the AD's or any one other person's...it is OUR school. Why not take a moment and think about that before making such a flat statement that one is "done with it"! Once you let this genie out of the bottle it's tough to put it back inside.

Seriously....is it really worth losing all that over...all the years...all the memories ...all the friendships and acquaintances made through supporting the Mean Green, all the wins and all the losses....

i agree with your points Kram, (+1) but I don't see the comment that you are referring to??

• Upvote 1