UNT recruit decommits

Brett Vito

Tony Mitchell WAS NOT a transfer.

Amen, I get tired of all the comments including our own broadcast team that refer to Mitchell as a transfer. How do you transfer from a school that did not let you enter in the first place. Yes, he signed with Missouri but he was never enrolled.

I too, am tire of the constant reference to players who have transferred from another school who were highly rated high school recruits being bantered about as 4 star recruits for example when obviously they are not the same as a recruit coming out of high school rated to have the potential to excel at the college level. For the most part, players transferring from another school are doing so because they are not wanted there and/or getting little playing time. Obviously, many of these players prosper at another school but it is certainly not close to the same thing as getting a highly rated recruit out of high school and beating out multiple big time schools for their services.

Edited by GrandGreen

I too, tire of the constant reference to players who have transferred from another school who were highly rated high school recruits being bantered about as 4 star recruits for example when obviously they are not the same as a recruit coming out of high school rated to have the potential to excel at the college level. For the most part, players transferring from another school are doing so because they are not wanted there and/or getting little playing time. Obviously, many of these players prosper at another school but it is certainly not close to the same thing as getting a highly rated recruit out of high school and beating out multiple big time schools for their services.

Generally true, but I do not believe those comments apply to Marcus Trice.

• Upvote 2

Rumor is the 2 we lost to SMU had to be assured without a shadow of a doubt that they would play before very small crowds on a consistent basis and they could not get that same assurance about North Texas, especially now that the Mean Green are playing at the best (and non-added onto patchwork quilt) colllege football stadium in this part of Texas.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 2

Can't ever get too worked up one way or the other during recruiting season UNTIL signing day...theses are generally 18 year old kids who are very impressionable and who often have parents who feel "entitled" and who think their kid is the next great NFL super star. So, none of this ever surprises me...saddens me a bit, sure as I am "old school" enough to still believe that my word is my bond, but today that whole "I gave my word thing" seems to have an entirely different meaning. So, I'll be there for the signing day event...then I'll get excited about who signs and disappointed that others did not.

By the way...I just looked outside my office...the sun is up and it is shining.....

OK...this settles it...you just don't like anything.

So you would choose live amongst the 1/3 of the population that stayed behind to gang bang for a living? I personally would choose Denton over New Orleans but then again I am not overly fond of Bourbon Street, but the 4 Bowl games were fun, so 1-2 nights during bowl season would be all I need then let the locals go back to gang banging and shooting up funerals.

Good luck to the young, personally I also enjoyed being 13 hrs from home my freshman year.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

It happens, recruits will decommitt. These are still young kids that are easily influenced.

Good Luck with the Green Wave.

Exactly, he's probably 18. I know of kids who changed their college choices just because a girl they thought they might like was going to a different one. It's better he change now rather than he feel like he made a mistake later.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So you would choose live amongst the 1/3 of the population that stayed behind to gang bang for a living? I personally would choose Denton over New Orleans but then again I am not overly fond of Bourbon Street, but the 4 Bowl games were fun, so 1-2 nights during bowl season would be all I need then let the locals go back to gang banging and shooting up funerals.

My God, if this was intended to reflect your true feelings regarding New Orleans this has to be among the dumbest postings I have read on this board!!!

Unenlightened prejudices aside, do you think that New Orleans begins and ends on Bourbon Street? Have you visited the Garden District and the other areas of the city?

I have spent a lot of time in New Orleans over the past 40 years - I was just there in December. Beautiful city - great people - wonderful food.

I am hoping you made your comments tongue-in-cheek because you were miffed we lost the commit - but if not..........

• Upvote 3

My God, if this was intended to reflect your true feelings regarding New Orleans this has to be among the dumbest postings I have read on this board!!!

Unenlightened prejudices aside, do you think that New Orleans begins and ends on Bourbon Street? Have you visited the Garden District and the other areas of the city?

I have spent a lot of time in New Orleans over the past 40 years - I was just there in December. Beautiful city - great people - wonderful food.

I am hoping you made your comments tongue-in-cheek because you were miffed we lost the commit - but if not..........

Voice of reason

yeah but... it's still not Texas... I may have to side with Bowler on this one...