Do you agree with the Homecoming Time Change from 6pm to 4pm?

Harry

We have to change some early day "stuff" around, but yes, we will be there. Unfortunately, this is the type of decision the AD is faced with when UNT has such a unreliable fan base. You have to make the decisions that you think will help attendance. Too bad, but these sort of decisions will continue until the attitude of so-called Mean green fans changes to such that it is UNT games first and always first. At this point we have so-called fans who think watching a baseball game (yes, a World Series game) on TV is more important than actually showing up...at homecoming no less...to support their university.

That's the really sad part about this whole thing. There, hopefully, will come a day when such schedule changes are made to accommodate TV schedules which also bring big $$$$ to the university. Until then, the AD will be faced with this sort of decision.

Want it to stop? Take a look in the mirror and figure out where your priorities are sitting. I fully believe that the Mean Green fan base has it in itself to change this culture. You can be part of the solution or you can be part of the problem.

Hopefully, the AD will be "rewarded" for this decision with a large turnout. By the way...many on this board were calling the AD "stupid" for not considering this move just a few short days ago. Tough call...a "can't win" call...glad I didn't have to be the one making the call.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Just spoke to a former Mean Green player from the Dickey era here at the local McDonald's coffee & "QB" :rolleyes: Club and he will be making his first visit to Apogee Stadium with his employer who is also a UNT alum. NOTE: They will be part of the out of town "Homecoming" crowd we usually don't get at other games.

I told him about the 4 o'clock kick and he knew nothing about it, he then thanked me for telling him as he will also tell his boss who is going to the game with. He was very excited about coming to Apogee for his first game there. I then showed him some photos of Apogee on my laptop and then he really got excited about coming this Saturday. He could not believe the crowd shot of the Houston game I have as my laptop background photo. I told him it will be the accoustics of Apogee that will be toward the top of his "best thing he likes about Apogee list."

Get the word out, North Texas.

GMG!

PS: I like the earlier time because it gets me home earlier. I have a 2:00 PM Wedding Reception to DJ on Sunday. It surprises me how many Sunday weddings are booked and some booked because many wedding venues are booked a year in advance on Fridays and Saturdays.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

I'm very glad they made the change. We would have gone to the UNT game regardless of the start time...but, I'm glad that this gives us the chance to have more fans at the game...especially students.

I really don't understand why people are bitching about this.

Preach on! The time change has made it possible for me to bring my wife, who is not from this country and doesn't understand football, and also gives her a chance to watch her favorite team the rangers! We both get to see the teams we want to, we get to spend the time together and everyone in my family at least, wins!

Great choice AD!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

To be selfish, the move earlier makes it a little easier to handle with kids. We are heading up to UNT for a Fraternity homecoming lunch and parade and to keep a 5 and 9 year old entertained until a 6 PM kick-off is a bit much.

I was a bit of hater initially and thought that we shouldn't move it but if it gets more people out or gets them in the stadium rather than sitting in the parking lot watching baseball, it's a win.

Plus, you have to figure some good tailgating will occur after the game. All the alumni hanging out watching baseball outside of Apogee.

• Upvote 1

I absolutely disagree with the time change. It makes our program look pathetic. The only time you change the time of a kick-off is due to TV coverage. Not the case here.

Sounds like we need a new poll.

Which is more pathetic:

• Under 15 thousand for Homecoming in the first year of our new stadium?
  • Moving the game time to remove a conflict with the Rangers playing a home game in the World Series?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Sounds like we need a new poll.

Which is more pathetic:

• Under 15 thousand for Homecoming in the first year of our new stadium?
  • Moving the game time to remove a conflict with the Rangers playing a home game in the World Series?

Although I am in full support of the time change, I think both are pathetic. However the reality is, no matter how many people are there for 4pm kickoff, it will likely be a few thousand more than would be there for 6pm.

As pathetic as I agree it is that this kind of thing was necessary, I think it had to be done.

I absolutely disagree with the time change. It makes our program look pathetic. The only time you change the time of a kick-off is due to TV coverage. Not the case here.

As much as I would like to agree with you Silver, our program is not to this point yet. Any alteration to get more butts in the seats is a good one. I'm sorry this has caused some to miss all or part of the game, but it is the best decision for our program at this date and time. Hopefully this will change in the future.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The time change doesn't make our program look nearly as pathetic as our attendance does when it conflicts with a postseason Rangers game.

• Upvote 3